Desktop PC Suggestion

• Thread starter Thread starter Shree 420
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,837

Shree 420

Regular
I need idea for my brother who is upgrading for 90s Pentium 4 PC - if going for ALL IN ONE PC is good idea or better go for traditional desktop PC. Pros & Cons appreciated. Looking to buy branded but open to assembled also. also what about brands Asus, Acer also are good or not.Mostly looking for 30-35k range. Wants basic gaming + internet facility.

Get assembled is all I'll say.

any reason to avoid all-in-one? I am thinking of suggesting that because of warranty, many come with 3 years. recent experience of some friends has not been good. earlier when i was not working, i could do some run about and catch people to fix. But now it is difficult.

You will not get what you pay for in AIO. Get assembled, different company stuff.

ok here is the thing. all in ones are bad because they are not upgradeable generally. and i am not sure how good they are (apart from the imac) so they might have heating issues. go for an aio only if you are low on space. i recently saw an AIO at ICICI and it was a shitty machine because the fan was making so much noise. now on a desktop pc, it is easier to replace a noisy fan. but in aio? not so much. your budget can get you a mid-segment laptop which might be a better deal than getting a desktop machine.

Well, if you suggest a laptop for that price, then it has the same limitations than AIO right. As such warranty is the only thing, I might consider an AIO or a branded desktop over an assembled desktop.

you get portability. and for someone like me, laptop offer something that desktops do not... better power backup. power supply in gurgaon is so bad that i am currently struggling with ups backup on my desktop. if you are living in an area with poor power supply, a laptop makes for a much much better computing device.

Fair point.. But let me ask the question in a different way - So are these two the only reasons to chose laptop over AIO a)Portability b) Power Backup. Suppose they are not a priority to the OP or anyone for that matter, is AIO equally recommendable?

Basically why I am eager to know is that I might be going for full fledged upgrade sometime in April for the desktop. And I want to evaluate my options, this one caught my eye for example -

Asus AIO Ebay

Back