Difference Between Residential And Commercial Connection Airtel Fiber.

• Thread starter Thread starter mrps786
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,833
ISP
Airtel Fiber , Jio Fiber
Is Residential Airtel Connection With Static IP Any Different Than It's Business /Commercial Offering ( Airtel Office Internet ) - Please Help Me With The Same. I have little to no knowledge on the topic.

Last edited:
The major difference between the residential plan and the commercial plan is the bundled services.
Services bundled with residential: OTT subscriptions like Amazon Prime, Disney + Hotstar
Services bundled with commercial: Static IP (for higher plans), Parallel ringing, Google workspace licences, device security etc..

Maybe even the FUP limit is different for both the connection types. You can check out the details here: Airtel Office Internet - High Speed Business Broadband Internet Plans

If you are a home user with a few internet facing applications, it will not matter whether you use a residential or commercial connection. But if those applications have some heavy workloads, you might run into FUP issues. It totally depends on what your use case is.

I dont think it matters for most people, and i assume airtel will try to sell them residential broadband

In some areas fiber is provided by lcos right? Is business broadband available in that case?

I was also wondering if support of residencial or commercial connection was any different because with home connection it is very hard to explain the customer support about static IP and other network related topics. Some Are even clueless about these topic. Will this experience be any different in its commercial offering.

And Also ( Offtopic ) - We Belong To LCO City We Don't Get Calling Feature Will We Get Calling On It's Commercial Offering.

@wheatbread for majority of the general population, it is about the freebies. Rarely people actually read the T&C. Unfortunately, that's the fact!

@mrps786 i guess only someone with a commercial connection can help you with those details

Talked about this with Airtel CC today. They told me Airtel Office Internet doesn't come with any FUP. Didn't find any FUP in the TnCs either. But one needs to have a company ID or something to be able to opt for Office Internet. Prices are exactly the same as domestic connection minus the FUP, hence I was interested in it.

@mrps786 Please let me know about your findings.

Unfortunately They Do Not Provide Airtel Office Internet In Our City And They Told Me The Same Things As @sumantrab99 has mentioned. Also That For Any Changes We Have To Make In Our Account Has To Be Communicated Through Email.

1.They Have Also Partnerd With Cisco To Provide DNS Filtering As Via Open DNS.
2. They Have Partnerd With Google To Provide Google Workspace Licences.
(The Higer The Plan The More License )
But You Need Your Own Domain Name.
3.They Also Provide Parallel Ringing Like That Of Jio Fiber. ( Only For Plans Above 799 Or Above.)
4.Provide Their Usual Airtel Blue Jeans.
(Video Conferencing Solutions )
5. For Free Static IP - You Only Get Free Static IP Bundled On Plans Above 1499 Or Above.

Back