• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,219

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
I don't know whether this is correct to discuss here but I was shocked to see extreeme dirty Hinglish Messages on UTV channel being displayed today evening.The UTV channel was showing some movie and the SMS short code on screen was to send your name and your partner name to get the match score, there were couple of users with EXTREEME obnoxious words shown.I quickly asked my wife to get cellphone and grab the pics, but i was able to get only one pic, that too not full, then I had guests to attend and switch the TV off.Iam not concerned who did it, but if i would have been with my other family members it would be very awkward to see such things on T.V. but UTV should certain check the LOGS for which number those SMS came from and should take actions to pre-screen before they AIR such rubbish.Did any one else noticed this one evening of 08-Jan-2009 @14:41

heh. the sms based live television messaging. gets pretty funny at times. the sad thing about live television and the low standards we have in our country.

yes that's correct, people who did it makes it look worst.hats off to you sushubh for controlling the forums with such dedications, else forums is also prone to get flooded with SPAM TALKS.

well the members on this forum are to be congratulated. they self moderate most of the times. i have felt little need to do constant moderation.

Thanks, I take this appreciation, as a member here :yahoo: .

I think BINDASS channel could be labelled as 'A' certified after I seen some of its programs & its language on youtube. Not at all suitable to watch it with family

And the worst part is many so called top reputed news channels carried out special program on this incident at prime time!News channel quality is degrading.:(

In UK, programs telecasted have age rating flag in EPG data. If we set some age rating, then programs above that age rating would not start directly unless parental control pin is entered (and this seriously works).But in India, no idea if such settings work. I had seen movies on STAR MOVIES in Tata Sky were showing age rating in infobar, but never got opportunity to test if it works

ah well. this would work with STB powered services not on regular cables. Tata Sky and zee dish tv could possibly implement it easily. but the government would have to make it compulsory for any TV service to be delivered through a set top box. that would mean CAS, DTH, IPTV only. No cable guys with direct connectivity to the television.

Back