Disconnecting my Videocon HD-DVR product

ISP
MTNL
Hi,
Can anyone here guide me in knowing the amount refundable if I want to disconnect my existing Videocon D2h HD DVR product.I had got this insatlled in 2012 and paid aroung 4500-5000( do not remember correctly) . I tried reaching out to their customer care but instead of providing details they disconnected my hd dvr box without any call or confirmation, Really want to get rid of the D2H please help me in knowing the amount
Thanks
Puneet

You probably paid Rs.3990 (as listed on the box), and then Rs.2600 (hidden charges for installation and activation).
In the fine print of Videocon and almost all other companies, it says the box is the property of the company.
So, I would advise you to ask for a full refund, since you have never "owned" the product, and merely paid a deposit during your subscription. Also, get all repair charges refunded.
You might be met with refusal, but a quick trip to the consumer court should solve this, because what they are doing cannot possibly be legal. i.e; selling a product and still claiming ownership of said product and asking for it's return at the end of subscription.
Don't be afraid to involve the consumer court, they are very consumer friendly and will help you out in such situations.
Good luck, let us know if you need any help or how things went.

Back