VIDEOCON HD-DVR Price reduced

• Thread starter Thread starter qazranchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 17,179
Thank God!! Some consolation finally!!

And when u get it, do let me know what wires are packaged with it & all......

As regards the contact details, i have topped the thread & mentioning it here as well - https://broadband.forum/videocon-d2h-dth/64897-quit-tata-sky-and-plan/3/ [Post # 30]

My comment is - their Customer support from the mentioned details is really good. Just that i am still hanging in the air, because the issue faced by is such serious......

After all my anger subsided, i thought on this - there would be many customers all round the nation who would have bought at this price. If they were to refund me something, obviously everyone will want refund!!

Still, lets see how things go!!

Thanks for the details. Noted them down. Just needed in case if I face any difficulties.
I wrote to CC asking details about the Dolby output and first they responded saying my current problem is being resolved. When I emailed again, they sent me the details of LCD TV. lol :cry:
Today as I was booking online, when I was filling the payment details got a call from somebody named AJAY. He insisted in me filling in CSE Reference name as AJAY. Since my payment didn't go thru, I redid that including his name. Before doing that he atleast called me 4 times. After making the payment, I called him and he said he will call me back shortly, which never happened. So still fishy about any good customer service! :notallowed:

There can be a few spoilt apples around. But 1 thing i didnt notice is - u r in Chennai. The no. i gave u was of the Sales Office here in Mumbai & thats pretty close to my residence. I am getting very good support from them for my issues, thats why i was praising - may be u r not getting that kind of support.But did u sent any email to Vineet, who is named in that post?? may be if he can guide the persons in Chennai for smooth service to you.For me - i am getting calls from them as a part of following up on the issues i am facing relating to Hardware & software.....

There can be a few spoilt apples around. But 1 thing i didnt notice is - u r in Chennai. The no. i gave u was of the Sales Office here in Mumbai & thats pretty close to my residence. I am getting very good support from them for my issues, thats why i was praising - may be u r not getting that kind of support.

But did u sent any email to Vineet, who is named in that post?? may be if he can guide the persons in Chennai for smooth service to you.

For me - i am getting calls from them as a part of following up on the issues i am facing relating to Hardware & software.....

Yes true! It might be too early for me to bug them. Will wait till saturday and see how the installation goes and then will contact Mr. Vineet as needed. Will keep you/forum posted of the progress and experience.

Videocon D2h didn't meet their commitment to install on Friday. I escalated to Mr. Vineet. Nice gentleman, called me immediately. Since I wasn't available home today, requested for installation tomorrow. Hope it goes thru.

Yeah, he is!! Btw, i didnt knew that he can direct these things in Chennai as well!!

Yeah, he is!! Btw, i didnt knew that he can direct these things in Chennai as well!!

Got just the dish installed. It's a bigger dish written "HD Videocon" on it. Two cables are coming out. The set top box is yet to arrive. Might happen only tomorrow. Maybe now I can write something like "My ordeal in getting D2H connection!". Written again to Mr. Vineet. :madness:

Once I get it, will also try to post some pictures of the STB. :huh:

I think its because u are in Chennai, u are not getting proper support......In my case it was reverse - i ordered it on 1 day & the next day the STB & Wire kit was at my place. Just that the installation guy was too much in demand & he came 1 day after i got my STB!!

i have alerted vineet about this thread. i hope he checks it out soon and does the needful! you guys already have his direct mobile number right? :D

i have alerted vineet about this thread. i hope he checks it out soon and does the needful!

you guys already have his direct mobile number right? :D

Hi, Yes. Mr. Vineet called me on friday and gave me his number. But I didn't call him; not so impatient, for a change! Can wait another day.

In general, I always dream of good consumer experience, not just on D2H, anywhere and everywhere as it is with most developed countries. Whatever we crib, my fellow citizens tend to be as irresponsible as me!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I think its because u are in Chennai, u are not getting proper support......

In my case it was reverse - i ordered it on 1 day & the next day the STB & Wire kit was at my place. Just that the installation guy was too much in demand & he came 1 day after i got my STB!!

Looks the box is delivered at home and I am at work. They haven't given the HDMI cable? Did you get it along with the STB or the installation person brought it?

No, i got it from them only, along with the Package......so looks like u have to buy one....:(

I got a "Flat" kind of box alongwith the main packet of HD DVR. that small box had HDMI cable, USB extender, & a "Quick Guide" for HD DVR - a lighter option as compared to the full guide.

I am mentioning this, so that u can figure out whether u got any box like i got, or not.

But if thats a reality, it is another silver lining for me (Really sorry for that!!) - Coz a good HDMI cable costs around 400 odd bucks atleast - correct me if i am wrong!

Back