Do we need main account validity for BSNL 4200 3G recharge?

• Thread starter Thread starter DrDeepak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 7,321

DrDeepak

ISP
BSNL 3G
Dear friendsI have a bsnl 3G prepaid connection in kerala. The main account is valid till 28-2-2011. I want to recharge with Rs 4200for the 6 month unlimited 3G plan.Do i need to recharge my main account to increase the validity or will this 4200 recharge increase my main account validity or are they seperate accounts?I dont want to lose the 3G usage once my main account expires.Also is it safe to do the 4200 recharge through their portal?any help is appreciatedthank youregards

Thats a question i've been looking answer for, do post here once you have details.I think, you'll need to have main account validity too, however i personally feel buying a new sim, doing a FRC of 120 would give 7 days unlimited 3G plan, + 1 year validity will be much cheaper than going for a Rs.550/- voucher for the sake of keeping your SIM alive for next 6 months.so all you invest is Rs.200 on a new connection and get 12 months validity is much much cheaper than continuing the existing SIM.

Helloi went to the local BSNL CSC and enquired. The 4200 recharge though valid for 180 days does not add validity to the main account. The rep told me to recharge my account near the expiry date in Feb so as to continue using the remainder of the free 3G plan.so i got the 4200 recharge done there. No issues till now.Also according to the rep, it is possible to do the same recharge through the bsnl portalregards

^^ FRC 120 = 180 days (6 months) validity, not 1 year.

Even I'd like to know the answer to the question that OP has posted.

No its 12 months currently, check with the dealer of BSNL office, they have doubled the FRC Promo, i think bsnl portal tariff card also shows 365 days.

BTW its written "for getting validity the customer has to recharge with data recharge voucher or fixed monthly charges in case of postpaid connection" on 3G Home Page under the head "Promotional 3G Offers"

BSNL Website is so confusing :|

UPDATE
Recharged with 4200 and Validity extended accordingly :)

Really? how did u find out the validity extension? i did a *123# and it gave me the same old balance and validity. The only way i know is that my account balance is not subtracted..
thanks and regards

Is BSNl 3g 7.2 mbps data card availaible in Pune . I went to BSNL Hadapsar and Camp center but they don't have and funny thing is that they don't know when it will come.

my question is dat i wanna use 3G thru my cell wid dat 4200Rs plan so wat i should do ?will it work with the normal 3G sim or i have to buy the data card only to use it ?i went to my bsnl csc n they told dat u cant get only sim, u vl hav to purchase data card also...help me

Back