Does Airtel provide free WIFI router to existing customers having 8 mbps plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,507

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I saw on their website that a free WIFI modem is being provided to new customers applying for 8 mbps plans or above. Does this apply for existing customers aswell?

dejan said:
Does this apply for existing customers aswell?
No. Buy one from Flipkart instead.
Source: a new airtel fraudband subscriber who got a free WiFi router with a 4 Mbps tariff plan. No freebies for existing subscribers.

iChaitanya said:
No. Buy one from Flipkart instead.
Source: a new airtel fraudband subscriber who got a free WiFi router with a 4 Mbps tariff plan. No freebies for existing subscribers.
Sure, You're saying as if I'm getting from Flipkart for free. Better than that, I would request for a disconnection, and wait for retention call, and then demand for the free wifi router ;)

Do let us know if your Trick works. Who knows your wish is fulfilled. When I applied for disconnection, the CC offered me everything they could and repeatedly called me.

Personally, I had buy a better quality unit that offers wider coverage and stable connectivity than take shitty hardware from Airtel for free.

+1 to chromaniac here.
I have got a free router from my service provider but its range does not cover even half of my house so I use one I have purchased on my own

But yeah, if your needs are simple, Airtel is not a bad deal. My friend use it and he is quite happy with it. His needs for wireless coverage are confined to his room and the drawing room next to it :D

@ dejan and @virus
what is the modle no. of the hardware you got from airtel for free
is it Beetel 450tc2?

Back