Does airtel provide router with gigabit LAN port ?

• Thread starter Thread starter droid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,440
Oh, you're from ags layout as well ? . i was told that installation charge is 1500rs if i don't pay for 3 months or more . Seems like they have different offers for each customer x'Dx'D

Also , they are providing D-Link 816 router which is not good for 100mbps plan, if you're taking 40mbps plan, then it's good

Had raised a complaint , no concrete response from Airtel. Every time i call they say it'll be resolved tomorrow

Airtel finally provided me a TOTO LINK A200ns gigabit router. getting 120mbps now. Happy with speeds but not with how much time Airtel took to provide router and i had to call them daily and escalate . They took a week in total . The person who came to give router was also not professional .

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as you were, my main problem though is that the ONT has 100Mb ports as well as the router airtel gave me, but, the damn ONT was given to me by Radius, the guys that manage the FTTH network in our society. They keep insisting that I will get a 1GigE port ONT only if and when I get a plan higher that 100Mbps. So unless airtel introduces plans over 100Mbps, I am SOL!

Finally I got my Airtel broadband installed and I asked the technician to give me TOTOLINK router so he brought totolink router (happy!). Download speed from Airtel server shows 100mbps but the upload speed is pathetic 5mbps!
Are others getting pathetic upload speeds too on airtel ftth?

Airtel gives symmetric upload for FTTH in Delhi NCR, rest of the regions as far as I have seen, they provide only 5Mbps upload.

Finally I got my Airtel broadband installed and I asked the technician to give me TOTOLINK router so he brought totolink router (happy!). Download speed from Airtel server shows 100mbps but the upload speed is pathetic 5mbps!
Are others getting pathetic upload speeds too on airtel ftth?
i was told that it will be made 20mbps this month as more fiber lines are going to add to their main server ,but not done yet .may be have to raise a complaint again.

Back