Dovado Tiny - 4G/LTE MiFi router - 70mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter veekay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,561

veekay

ISP
BSNL ADSL+
Okay, here's an interesting little tidbit I dug up today, which might get the geeks here salivating like me.

Dovado has launched their latest product - the DOVADO TINY, claimed to be the world's smallest 4G/LTE capable router,
and said to capable of supporting speeds upto 70mbps!!

TINY

It is actually a wifi router into which (as per its makers' claims) any 4G/LTE/3G/HSPA+/EVDO modem can be plugged, thus turning your portable 3G dongle into a wifi hotspot.

What I liked best is that it seems to have a Smart USB, which can even charge your plugged-in USB modem, and it supports VPN-passthru, and some kind of SMS mailbox to check data usage and to even do remote control of the router using SMS!

Here's review from MovingWifi (click the Reviews tab on that page):
Dovado TINY mobile broadband router

The good news is that it's already available in India, as Dovado has a authorized distributor in our country.
dovado tiny | eBay

The distributor company (EK WIRELESS, based in Mumbai) says they have tested the Tiny with all popular 3G broadband modems currently in the Indian market (see the list of tested modems on their eBay page for this product).

The ZTE MF80 (and its older, popular variant MF60) and Huawei E586 (or its newer version E587) are some other options if you are looking for a (hopefully) future-proof MiFi router. The MF60/MF80 have support for upto 8 devices in the wifi hotspot, while the E586/E587 can support upto 5 devices. Prices of such MiFi routers are still high, but if you can afford it, it might prove to be more cost effective in the long run, than splurging on an being-phased-out router model, whose technology limitations may become outdated very soon.

As everyone already knows, Airtel has already started trial launches of 4G network (LTE transmission technology) in select cities.
Most of the other vendors have upgraded their 3G network to what could be called 3.75G (HSPA+), which is an improvement over current HSPA (HSDPA, HSUPA) speeds.

I will do some more research, and I might just take the plunge and buy it by next month, if nothing better catches my fancy.

If anyone has been able to get their hands on a Dovado Tiny, we all would be very eager to know how it fares, and I am especially concerned whether it has any heating issues, as many wireless devices tend to do.

Namaste India!

Team DOVADO here, posting from Stockholm, Sweden.

We found this posting via Google. Today we put up a video showing the Huawei E392 modem working with one of our routers, the DOVADO TINY. The speed in that video isn't reflective of its true capability. It's summer, and there are many users on our mobile broadband networks at the moment. I encourage you to see some of our other videos instead. The DOVADO TINY and DOVADO DOMA routers are capable of 82Mbps actual throughput between the 4G modem and the Ethernet LAN port(s). These router models also contain what we call a SmartUSB port, allowing the router to re-power the inserted USB modem in the event of any failures. It basically takes care of itself. No need for manual restarts. Not only that, but the router can be converted into a transparent bridge, by disabling NAT. This is particularly handy for businesses who wish to interconnect their existing router/firewall straight onto the mobile network without adding an unnecessary/impractical extra layer of NAT in the middle.

Anyway, we're here to answer any technical questions you may have. We know that the Bharti Airtel modem (Huawei E392) operating on the TD-LTE band 40 (2300MHz) is fully functioning with our routers, and that there are a few folks out in Bangalore currently using it. From what we know, they're very happy with the setup. It is delivering speed and is very stable.

Our distributor (EK Wireless) is our eyes, ears and hands in the Indian market, and they'll gladly assist you as well.

And now, it's popcorn hour! Huawei E392 4G LTE USB modem supported by DOVADO routers - YouTube

All the best and "tack så mycket"

Sam / Team DOVADO

(Posting the original message again, as it somehow got lost when I was reformatting its contents)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, here's an interesting little tidbit I dug up today, which might get the geeks here salivating like me.

Dovado has launched their latest product - the DOVADO TINY, claimed to be the world's smallest 4G/LTE capable router,
and said to capable of supporting speeds upto 70mbps!!

TINY

It is actually a wifi router into which (as per its makers' claims) any 4G/LTE/3G/HSPA+/EVDO modem can be plugged, thus turning your portable 3G dongle into a wifi hotspot.

What I liked best is that it seems to have a Smart USB, which can even charge your plugged-in USB modem, and it supports VPN-passthru, and some kind of SMS mailbox to check data usage and to even do remote control of the router using SMS!

Here's review from MovingWifi (click the Reviews tab on that page):
Dovado TINY mobile broadband router

The good news is that it's already available in India, as Dovado has a authorized distributor in our country.
dovado tiny | eBay

The distributor company (EK WIRELESS, based in Mumbai) says they have tested the Tiny with all popular 3G broadband modems currently in the Indian market (see the list of tested modems on their eBay page for this product).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The ZTE MF80 (and its older, popular variant MF60) and Huawei E586 (or its newer version E587) are some other options if you are looking for a (hopefully) future-proof MiFi router. The MF60/MF80 have support for upto 8 devices in the wifi hotspot, while the E586/E587 can support upto 5 devices. Prices of such MiFi routers are still high, but if you can afford it, it might prove to be more cost effective in the long run, than splurging on an being-phased-out router model, whose technology limitations may become outdated very soon.

As everyone already knows, Airtel has already started trial launches of 4G network (LTE transmission technology) in select cities.
Most of the other vendors have upgraded their 3G network to what could be called 3.75G (HSPA+), which is an improvement over current HSPA (HSDPA, HSUPA) speeds.

I will do some more research, and I might just take the plunge and buy it by next month, if nothing better catches my fancy.

If anyone has been able to get their hands on a Dovado Tiny, we all would be very eager to know how it fares, and I am especially concerned whether it has any heating issues, as many wireless devices tend to do.

Hi team DOVADO,

Welcome to India. Good to see your response here on this forum.

* Can you confirm the db gain (power) of the wifi signal of the Dovado Tiny?
I am wondering whether the wifi connectivity is good enough across a couple of rooms and walls.

* If you have a distributor in India, why do we not see your products on popular e-commerce sites and resellers
such as Flipkart, Snapdeal, Homeshop18, Naaptol, Yebhi, Tata Croma, Futurebazaar, Reliance Digital, etc.?
Sure, you are selling the Dovado Tiny on Ebay India, but it does not invoke the same kind of trust as some of these sites (especially Flipkart).
It would be a great boost to your sales in India, if you tie up with such resellers, and come up with good after-sales support.
http://trak.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Indian-Ecommerce-Bazaar.jpg

India has the world's highest density of mobile telephony and aggressive demand for 3G/4G connectivity and equipment.
Hope your presence in India, helps improve the tele-connectivity landscape, and if you can price your products to Indian sensitivities, you'll find a great market here.

All the best!

Back