ED finds FEMA violation against Flipkart, penalty likely to be around Rs 1,000 crore

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,262
I sense that you all feel that ED is unfairly targeting Flipkart and some members have linked it to nationalism. I think FK created WS retail to get around the law barring FK from directly selling products. I think this same law is stopping Amazon from selling directly. Amazon is waiting it out until the law changes but FK didn't wait and it created WS retail. So if government is finding something illegal in FK or WS retail working then it's good work by government. A company of a size of FK can always hire top lawyers and it doesn't really needs our sympathies.
Also we should stop riding high on our misplaced patriotism. Tell me one company who genuinely cares for make in India. I am not saying that they should because in this globalized economy it's a misplaced idea.
Intent of every Indian internet startup has always been to somehow catch big foreign investment. FK had got this from a very early start. I think 2 foreign companies has been pumping money in it from very early. And with money comes management control also! And we all know why this whole process is going on. To bring out a public issue. FK owners are very smart and patient. Just like that Facebook chap. I think FK public issue will be the biggest in India.

I sensed some sympathy for FK and in this case government was made out to be the villain.
I think Modi's make in India slogan is bs and in fact regressive. In this globalized economy where can one draw line what is actuality made in India and which is not. Sometimes we go by the perceptions and declare a company to be Indian. We can see this in mobile handsets sector. We perceive micromax or the like to be Indian but are they actually following make in India?
So yes, no sympathy for the government but similarly no sympathy for the corporates either. Corporates are just doing their job of making profits and running businesses. They could care less about make in India except for some kind of protectionism or policy favors.

Intent of every Indian internet startup has always been to somehow catch big foreign investment.

First I am not talking about just interenet startups.

But still how many Indian internet startups actually had such motto and succeeded? Can you name few? i.e. I am willing to know success rate. You will have such intent only when you see 30-40% of startups succeeding.

I am talking about common man doing retail business.

"Come make in India" will affect them.

Back