• Thread starter Thread starter eidur22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,179

eidur22

Regular
ISP
Touchtel
I've been reading these forums for a while, though this is my first post. The reason I am posting however, is because I really think that as customers the time has come to say "enough is enough"! It's time to make one concerted (joint) effort, and then to book our losses on Tata Sky, rather than keep paying the monthly service price in hope of better days ahead.As customers in India, we still suffer from a License Raj hangover. We're always prepared to say "things will get better, just give them time". But, the fact is these people don't deserve our time and they don't deserve our money. Tata Sky is based on an ellaborate, well-planned marketing effort but NO substance. The quality of entertainment we receive is quite frankly appaulling.I've spent the last several days trying to get through to Tata Sky's management. I even tried the tactic of posing as a Yes TV (owner of GOAL TV1 and 2) representative, wishing to reach an agreement with tata sky, essentially to test their overall efficiency.Here is my experience:I called their North India customer care. After 5 calls and over 40 minutes, I was directed to a Bangalor office number. After being kept on hold for over 15 minutes, I was given a Bombay office number. On asking this Bombay number that I speak with a senior marketing team executive, I was given another number. Now, when I finally got through to this gentlemen, I decided it was time to unleash my complaints. The response? "WHo are you?"... followed by "Just shutup you bloody idiot" (exact words).. and also a "this is not Tata Sky" - curiously however, the gentlemen had the same name as that given to me by the Bombay office. I verified that I had dialled the correct number at every stage. Now, of course I'm not really from YES TV, but I could have been. And this would have been my experience. Appaulling. The facts of the way Tata Sky is run are:1) The customer care is a polite network protecting the management. Urmm.. is this some secret operation? No. Is this a public service? Yes. Should there then be some mechanism for addressing customer greviences? Absolutely. Is there one? No Chance! 2) Substance: Now, different people may have different views on this, depending on what region you live in. However, the one genre that draws people from all parts is Sport. In this field, channels that can delink into India include Neo Sports, Neo Sports Plus, Goal TV1, Goal TV2, Zee Sports, Star Cricket, Ten Sports, Star Sports, ESPN. Tata Sky scores a dismal 3/9. It's reached the state where as customers we are begging for these channels to be added. Now, we should have the right to watch any of these 9 channels if we chose to. Not be settling for the addition of a 4th, 5th of 6th. If Tata Sky can't provide us with choice, what on earth in the point of Satellite TV?3) Terms: Read the fine print on your contracts. Tata Sky owns your dish, not you. Try not paying your bill on time - you'll keep getting larger arrears everyday. AND, you won't even get free to air channels. Urmm.. aren't free to air channels meant to be... well ... free to air? Not in Tata Sky's world! As customers we should have the right to sign fair contracts. And we should stop signing contracts which are basically deceptive.4) Our obligation: We're an apathetic lot of people really. But, how else do we ignite change other than standing up for what we deserve? This part of my message applies not just to Tata Sky, but to all corporates that get away with daylight robbery. As a customer, I'm more than willing to pay good money for a good service. But, I do have a big problem with paying money thinking I'm getting a quality service but ending up with absolute rubbish. When my current subscription expires, I do not intend to renew it. My local Cable TV operator provides more channels, as does dish. However, in order to achieve change I do believe we should write a letter of scathing criticism, with the Names and Subscriber IDs of as many Tata Sky subscribers as we can gather, and e-mail it to a senior Tata Sky Management personat the Bangalore office, whilst not renewing our connections. I'd be interested to hear how many of you would support me on such action. I would be prepared to draft the letter and post it allowing individuals to enter their names and Subscriber IDs, and any additional comments.Hope there is a healthy response, because it's time we get what we want as subscribers.

boy i am with youplease reply to this thread cheers

Umm...consumer court? Sting operation? Expose? Ring any bells? :P

Out with it...ur dying to tell us anyway

Back