Error 676: Phone Line Busy (WA3002G4 - Modem)

• Thread starter Thread starter 2kewl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 16,616

2kewl

ISP
BSNL
Yes Guys, I did read all those open threads on this problem but couldn't find any solution pertaining to my modem type.Please suggest a solution - Mine is a Type 4 Modem - WA3002G4 :)

members/2kewl/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Post Ipconfig/all
Try PPP/PPPoE "always On connection "
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU
select wa3002_g1 for settings . similar modem

In IE type (192.168.1.1, admin/admin)Click Advanced Setup> WAN SetupClick "Edit" 0/35 under VPI/VCI column.Uner ATM PVC ConfigurationVPI: [0-255]=0VCI: [1-65535]=35Enable VLAN Tagging = do not selectService Category: = UBR without PCRclick nextSelect "PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)" and Encapsulation Mode = "LLC/SNAP-Bridging"Click NextPPP Username: = UserName without @ bsnl .inPPP Password: = PasswordPPPoE Service Name: = BlankAuthentication Method: = AutoDo not select anything else on this page.Enable NAT = yesEnable Firewall =yesEnable IGMP Multicast = yesEnable WAN Service = yesService Name =pppoe_0_35_1 (or anything else)Click nextNow "WAN Setup - Summary" should look like thisVPI / VCI: 0 / 35Connection Type: PPPoEService Name: pppoe_0_35_1Service Category: UBRIP Address: Automatically AssignedService State: EnabledNAT: EnabledFirewall: EnabledIGMP Multicast: EnabledQuality Of Service: DisabledClick "Save".Click "Save and Reboot" on next pageRestart your PC and WA3002G4Go to "Network Connections"Select "Local Area Connection" and "1394 Connection" at the same time (hold down control key)Right click and select "Bridge Connections".Let windows Create Network Bridge. After few seconds it will shows status as "Connected".Confirm you can connect to Internet with Lanport.of modem and ethernet port of Computer Rj45 connection. Do you need wireless settings ? Any laptop with Wireless LAN card ?

^^ Thanks!What do you mean by 1394 Connection? The BSNL (PPPOE) WAN connection?

See under Device Manager.. enable if required.
Or Ignore the bridging thing -
A 1394 Net Adaptor Connection is basically Win2k/XP's way of telling you that you have a Firewire interface installed in your system.

IEEE 1394 is more commonly known as Firewire and is mostly used to connect to peripherals such as digital cameras, camcorders and some external hard drives. It can also be used to network two Firewire-equipped systems together, achieving 12.5 to 50MBps transfer speeds. Firewire networking use is limited because of its 15ft cable length limitation.
1394 is just for plugging in cameras etc & for data transfer between plugin & computer.
You can follow sl2_141 Wifi as its settings are similar to Wa3002-g4
http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mu10.html
Para two:
"what do you mean " is aggressive questioning. .
" What is meant by 1394 " is more polite.

See under Device Manager.. enable if required.
Or Ignore the bridging thing -

You can follow sl2_141 Wifi as its settings are similar to Wa3002-g4
SL2_141 (Type-B) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION
Para two:
\"what do you mean \" is aggressive questioning. .
\" What is meant by 1394 \" is more polite.

I'm sorry if it offended you. I certainly didn't mean to :ashamed:

Edited the setting but I'm afraid the problem still persists :(

Is it possible that the modem has gone bad? Should I call the BSNL guys? They do provide somw arranty on the modem, Don't they?

members/2kewl/Please post Ipconfig/all data.To avoid problem in Miniwanport settings "Always On' is suggested.Start/ RUN type CMD type ipconfig/allOr If there is a Diagnostics page in the modem under maintenancereport what is shown as "FAIL".Also confirm you could connect EARLIER to Internet in Dialup mode and the problem is new.

Back