Operating System : Windows Xp Professional SP3
Ip Address : 192.168.1.3
Subnet : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers :
218.248.240.208/218.248.240.135
or
208.67.220.220/208.67.222.222
Modem Status : Power/Adsl/Lan all lights green and all perfectly stable (not blinking)

Previously also I used to get this problem sometimes, but just Enabling/Disabling LAN was enough to solve the problem, but this time it looks like it's very serious.

I followed all these Steps, without any Success :

1) reconnected all wires, and tried, still failed
2) have another PCI Ethernet card on my PC, tried on there, failed
3) assembled whole pc again, and tried, still failed
4) reinstalled windows fresh, and tried, still failed
5) tried on different modem, still failed
6) checked telephone line with lineman, its perfectly ok
7) and finally tried on my lappie, still failed :(

Now, I'm out of ideas, of what could be the problem, because modem shows all lights green .. ie power/adsl/lan all perfectly stable (not blinking) :wall:

and this bsnl people are useless, and customer service is even worse. :mad:

So looks like I myself have to find the Solution if at all problem is at my side. Could the problem be with their Server?? but my friends connection in Neighbouring area work perfectly fine.

Please help me find the Solution, I'm totally Frustrated :wall::mad:

@/members/ameykid69/ Welcome to broadbandforum.co. Could be password problem. TRY "always on" by entering ID and PW in wan page. PPP/PPPoEeliminates dialer problem/sOR go to bsnl portal and change user Id password and re enter OLD password. You can check in your friend's computer also. Mention D-Link modem model/make.

@/members/ameykid69/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Could be password problem.
TRY "always on" by entering ID and PW in wan page. PPP/PPPoE
eliminates dialer problem/s
OR go to bsnl portal and change user Id password and re enter OLD password.

ok will try it out and let u know

Mention D-Link modem model/make.

D-Link GLB-502T ADSL 2+ Router

Did you lodge any complaint at 1500 or 18004241600 stating your 678 error?If so, did they book your complaint?

Did you lodge any complaint at 1500 or 18004241600 stating your 678 error?
If so, did they book your complaint?

Yup, booked Complaint Thrice :P on 1500
What next?? what will they do after registering complaint? :ashamed: .. I'm worried they might take ages to look into it :cry:

I checked my Configuration, perfectly ok .. nothing wrong
The problem still exists :wall:

members/ameykid69/Can you post screenshot of Wan settings ?When did you upgrade with SP3 ? problem even earlier with SP2 ?Suggest make a Netone Dialup connection. Make a complaint of Nonavailability of BB and get a fault/docket numberAt least you won't be charged for the days BB not available !! Any of your neighbours getting BSNL BB ok ?Since you seem to be on Dialup mode your modem could be tried there. with their userid and password.

Hey thanks guys for all the support throughout this difficult 5 days .. The problem is resolved now ... It was something to do with them only .. This is what happened!I told Exchange ppl about problem on phone .. They called me over there with my Lappy & Modem .. I went there ... There they temporarily transferred my Home Telephone Line to their Phone in the office through some Port transfer system .. That means all calls to my Number would be at that number, and then after configuring whole connection, they weren't able to connectSo, one thing was certain now >> It was neither my PC problem, nor Modem problem nor Configuration Problem and just 2 things remain now >> telephone line & Bsnl server and telephone line I had got verified that day morning only, so even that was out of question.Then, just in a flash, I stuck with an idea .... The Error I used to get, was at the first step only ie. "Connecting through WAN Miniport" ,so something was wrong with port only and just now they had displayed port transfer system .. so I just asked them whether port can be changed or Port can be reset and to my excitement, he said Yes "It can't be transferred, as it is done only temporarily, but it can be reset" He reset the Port immediately and then we tried and to my relief it worked. Finallyyyyyyyyy :yahoo: :thumbsup: thanks once again to all you guys .. Resolving my problem doesn't mean I'll end my stay over here, I'll now try to be a regular over here, so that if possible I could help some people, and also learn some new problems n solutions. :)Now that Connection Problem is sorted out, I need one more favour I have Linkys Wireless G Broadband Router WRT54G2 with Linkys Compact Wireless USB Adapter WUSB54GC-AS and want to configure my Connection through Wifi. Should I create New Thread for this or continue here only??

Back