ESPN to provide signals to Sun Direct at half rates

• Thread starter Thread starter mailtoviki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 7,137
I hope the same which will benefit the SD customers but i am keeping my fingers crossed.......

If they reduce the price with in immediate effect and advertise it by telling the price of ESS channels then many customers in city will also buy SD.:dance::D

Legal Information

This Reference Interconnect Offer (\"RIO\"), inter alia, provides broad technical and commercial terms and conditions offered by the Company for interconnection for direct to home platform. Party applying for interconnection shall be hereinafter referred to as \"DTH Operator\".

The terms and conditions are as under:

A. A-la-carte and Bouquet Rates for DTH Platform
Channel Price (INR) Per Subscriber Home Per Month
ESPN
Star Sports
Star Cricket
ESPN & Star Sports Bouquet
*Company reserves its right, subject to applicable regulations of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (?TRAI?), to revise the Price per Set Top Box per month mentioned herein above. Upon such revision, the DTH Operator (s) agrees and unconditionally undertakes to pay the revised Subscription Fee pro rata from the effective date of such revision.

Legal Information | espnstar.com
ESPN has now said that it is willing to giving Sun dth at half of its rate to the cable.

A-la-carte Rates (INR)

Name
ESPN: 33.13
STAR Sports: 33.13
STAR Cricket: 28.00

http://www.espnstar.com/corporate/legal-info/legal-info-india/

I think the above rates are for Cable operators. They demanded the same from DTH operators and it was against the TRAI order. Which forced TRAI to recommend canceling the licenses of the above channels.

Now divide this amount by half and you will get the rate for Sun dth.

I thought some one will explain this but as no was expalining it I need to clarify this.

If we divide the above mentioned rate then roughly it will come to Rs.54:thumbsup:

It will come Rs.47.30+tax. We don't know how much Sun dth will charge extra. I wonder why my Tata Sky increasing the rate to Rs.65 when Sun dth is getting at 47.30 :eek:

wait and see my friend.Even SD r here for business.Who know's they will charge Rs.65 like other DTH.We need to wait for couple of days to know the clear picture.

Sun Direct offers all customer premises equipments like the dish and Set Top box free of cost to the customer, which is a practice followed by DTH platforms across the world."As we are charging channels a la carte, we can afford to subsidise the set-top box. One can either subsidise the channels or the set-top box, and we have chosen to do the latter," said D'Silva.

ESPN to comply with Trai's pricing norms Indiantelevision.com Team(9 December 2008 4:00 pm) NEW DELHI: Sports broadcaster ESPN Software India has written to the Telecom Regulatory of India, agreeing to comply with the sector regulator's pricing direction of making its channels available at 50 per cent of the non-Cas (conditional access system) cable TV rates. ESPN said it would comply with Trai’s directions until the time Telecom Disputes Settlements and Appellate Tribunal (Tdsat) gives its order in the pending case where the sports broadcaster had filed an appeal challenging the pricing direction of Trai. Earlier on 25 November, the Delhi High Court had stayed criminal proceedings against ESPN for not complying with the Trai’s direction related to channel pricing for the DTH service. ESPN then had to assure the court that it would comply with the Trai directive on pricing within three days. The sports broadcaster further assured that it would submit a fresh reference-interconnect-offer (RIO) to Trai.When contacted, Trai chairman Nripendra Misra said: “Trai has written a letter to ESPN asking for its fresh RIO and as per the Delhi High Court order ESPN is supposed to submit the RIO immediately. We are still waiting for the fresh RIO. The High Court order had earlier clearly stated that ESPN needs to comply with Trai’s pricing regulation.” Trai had filed the criminal complaint against ESPN after the sports broadcaster refused to comply with the tariff directive. According to this, broadcasters had to supply their channels to DTH operators at 50 per cent below analogue cable TV rates.Speaking to Indiantelevision.com, ESPN Software India managing director RC Venkateish said: “We have complied with the court’s order.” ESPN had approached the court after Tdsat had refused to stay the proceedings in a district court. It had, however, restrained Trai from taking any coercive measures for cancellation of its downlinking policy. The case has been listed in Tdsat for final hearing on 13 January.

I am getting ESPN,SS,SC for 40 Rs/ Month:happy::happy::happy::happy: in Airtel and 45 Rs / Month after 6 Months :whistle:I think this is the Lowest in DTH Industry.Shame on TS for not giving their own channel for cheap price.

I am getting ESPN,SS,SC for 40 Rs/ Month:happy::happy::happy::happy: in Airtel and 45 Rs / Month after 6 Months :whistle:

I think this is the Lowest in DTH Industry.

Shame on TS for not giving their own channel for cheap price.
Airtel will surely charge more on ESPN channels in another 3 - 4 months time.............

ESS channels are charging Rs65 or more not only to TS it is applicable to Big TV and Dish TV..........

TS and ESS dont have any relationship at all my friend.........:cool2:

I am also planning to switch over to other DTH probably mid next year........if wanted to switch to other then i might be interested in Airtel DTH under current circumstances......:cool2:....

Back