Evil Companies: Apple,Asus,Canon,Dell,Epson,General,Gionee,JBL,Lenovo,Nokia,Nikon,Samsung,Sharp

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 17,840
Last year, I bought a Lumia 720. The local stores like Spice, Univercell, Poorvika in my neighborhood won't reduce the price below Rs. 18000. They offered screenguard for free. But, on flipkart, the price was Rs. 16990 and then they offered 5% cashback. I bought the phone for Rs. 16140, which is like Rs. 1860 less than what I'd have paid to the local store. The phone was delivered to me within 48 hours. I bought a genuine leather case online for Rs. 855 which I'd not have easily found in the local stores or elsewhere in the city. In addition to these savings, I don't have to spend for fuel.
On a side note, I've bought two phones from WS Retail - Lumia 720 and Moto G. I'd to order both the phones for a second time. Last year, Ekart Logistics couldn't deliver the shipment and canceled the order after 5 days. I ordered again and got the phone within 48 hours. And my first order of Moto G was mysteriously canceled. I was fortunate to be able to order a second time and got the phone within 48 hours. When it comes to phones, I guess the second time is the charm for me.

I won't be surprised if Flipkart, Snapdeal et al gang up and release adverts saying they sell genuine products with warranty at lesser rate than brick n mortar stores. And they would call upon the customer's common sense to buy at discounted prices than spending more.

What would you do when service centers of these companies stop honoring warranties with invoices from these online stores? :)

Isnt there a govt setup regarding unfair trade practices, not sure if they entertain us, individual aam aadmi :(

The online stores should then be smart enough to open a pseudo brick mortar store and issue all invoices under that brand .. Sort of like sold on eBay but shipped via local shop with local shop billAlso don't think issue is with the big brands like flipkart etc. I am thinking they are targetting spurious websites that have sprung up of late

How Canon plans to take on Flipkart, Amazon in India - The Times of India
"We are considering separate warranties, for example a oneyear warranty for online and 15 months for offline," said Alok Bharadwaj, executive vice-president at Canon India. "The problem is that the online retailers are providing heavy discounts that destroy the price point of offline traders."
Stupidity all around.I guess I would record a video of smashing my Canon Printer once the ink cartridge is over and post it online and share it with f**ks at Canon India online.

WTF.
If you want to fight Online Shopping sites, atleast make the fight fair. This is sheer blackmailing. What online sites do is not illegal. A retailer has the right to charge anything below MRP. But different warranties? This is unethical and should count as an unfair practice.
Nobody thinks about the consumer. Boycott Canon I say. Idiots.

So they'll produce sub standard stock for online sales just like they do in US for black friday sales and cut down on warranty period. And when the product become defective, they blame online retailers. How is this even legal ?
As said above, they have the right to enforce MRP. Retailers have no right to sell products above MRP but they can sell it at whatever price they want. Hell, they could even give it free and still Canon will not be able to do shit.

Back