Evil Companies: Apple,Asus,Canon,Dell,Epson,General,Gionee,JBL,Lenovo,Nokia,Nikon,Samsung,Sharp

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 17,840
Manu said:
I guess they can no longer charge atrocious prices at their 'brand stores'. The Sony World near my house remains deserted, even if someone goes in, its to demo a product so that they can then order it online.
Yep. Been there, done that.
Not just Sony, the same is the case with Shamsung and Nokia too. I generally see a huge empty Shamsung showroom with a smaller packed Sangeetha bang opposite it. The rates are also higher at the official stores.
Infact, Sony has been open to admit that their stores are more for demo and brand visibility than for sales.

online stores have made it difficult for these local stores to sell, and I hate buying locally, and if you ask for discount they give a nasty looks.
one local also store, DUPLICATE milta hai online, that to for Air Conditioner, I said yes my friend chacha has a factory and came out of that idiotic conversation.
in my group only those idiots buy from brick and mortar stores on surprising high price, they don't want to use card online or may have black money :playful:

Yup. I know a few people who do not like to buy online coz they would rather pay using cash offline.

Wouldn't mind paying 300~400 bucks extra ..but the difference b/w online and offline is more than 1500 bucks minimum. And don't get me started about accessories like cases and headphones.They quote 300~400 bucks for a mobile case which is retailing at 150 bucks on ebay. Same with screen protectors.

Well. Mobile cases are low cost high margin items. I think the wholesale price is as little as Rs. 20-50 for the basic cases. And this is where they make most of their money for rents, salaries and profits. Phones do not have enough margins to make the business profitable.
I know this because a friend of mine (RIP) ran a store for high end home theater systems. He ended up selling mobile cases from the same shop to make ends meet. A lot of people came for demos but hardly 5% leads resulted in a sale. For obvious reasons...

I was given a yarn by a Samsung dealer that 'they were told by 'company walas' (his words not mine :D ) that some stock of shamsung phones had been stolen & they would find itself onto online stores (notice they have also become astrologers too). When I said if they were indeed stolen there would be a record of phone IMEI's of the missing unts & could be traced when they go online. The respose was 'huh acchaa' :rofl: You can listen to any number of variations in the brick & mortar shops

I was thinking of starting an online petition. But then I realized what I think about online petitions.

Back