ExattNet: Bandwidth woes :-(

• Thread starter Thread starter tdoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 9,153

tdoc

Are any other users of ExattNet in Mumbai having their bandwidth throttled? Since the last one month i have had my d/l speed steadily declining and have received no replies, rude behaviour and a take it or leave it attitude.I have taken their 512K Single User Unlimited connection and paid in advance for a year. The connection was fantastic three months back with speeds of 60 - 63 KB/s, currently it is down to 20 - 28 KB/s.All complaints have fallen on deaf ears and according to a manager i spoke to, this will be the state of affairs to come. Exatt plans to strictly adhere to TRAI guidlines on the definition of broadband and will offer only 50 to 70% of the bandwidth that one pays for.I have already paid for the whole year and would like to know whether any other users have managed to get their money back on selecting a lower/slower connection.TIA :-)P.S. I read other posts on Hubs run by Exatt users, could someone guide a newbie on how to connect to such hubs?

no problem at our end.for the hub...which area in mumbai ... do u live.

no problem here. am using it since the past 20 days or so. minimum downtimes. no loss of speed. will be on a lookout though. hey by the way... which area do u belong to. im from andheri east and am also interested in these hubs. have heard a lot... any help appreciated. thnx.

Originally posted by NeXgeN@Jun 23 2005, 09:24 AM
no problem at our end.

for the hub...which area in mumbai ... do u live.
[snapback]13513[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mahim

Franchisee is Net9Online from Prabhadevi

yes i absolutely agree with tdoc , i live in Dadar area . downloads ARE capped to 32 kbps (i.e if ur having 512 K) after u cross the 10 GB mark .... i have the same connection as tdoc , Exatt 512k single user unlimited for a year .... and u are again true , those exatt ppl are EXTREMELY rude + i myself have a problem of getting disconnected after EXACTLY 5 hours , i am complaining to them since 20 days but they are never willing to help ...EDIT:-and forgot to add , even my line comes through net9online ...

same here. guys... 5 hrs and disc..also my b/w was capped for a few days at 128 kbps.. but after much fighting by my CTO wid those guys.. he has restored my b/w...i'll be changing my username frm the next month . so i will not get disconnected ..

Originally posted by t3kj2nky@Jun 24 2005, 03:02 PM
same here. guys... 5 hrs and disc..
also my b/w was capped for a few days at 128 kbps.. but after much fighting by my CTO wid those guys.. he has restored my b/w...
i'll be changing my username frm the next month . so i will not get disconnected ..
[snapback]13607[/snapback]
[/quote]

For the disconnection problem, I would highly recommend CiDial as a dialer for any connection. Can be downloaded at ( http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=3293014&merid=...ck%2Fcidial.zip )

You can read reviews at http://www.download.com/CiDial/3640-2155_4-3293014.html before you try it.

Nagware, you have to click a dialog box to start it. Simply superb. Use Raspppoe to setup a connection to Exatt and select that connection in CiDial.

The main site www.aldensoft.com seems to be down, so get it while you still can from the above link.

How will changing username help? As far as i know they don't even allow you to change your password.

Not true in my case... i can change my password...i m the only one who is getting cut off after 5 hrs of continuous connection. others on lan using exatt are having no such problems.. ( i hav cheked their usage summary ) and they dont get disc at all..i'll surely get the username change done. coz wid the redialing i lose connection to bittorrent n/ws.>> btw the windows dialer is not bad ( i use it as automatic dial on startup and connects am wen i get disc )

i dont think its a problemwith exacttnet ...i am getting no disconnection after large downloads or any capping issues. seems to be largely local....get it checked out .i dont think that its capped for some peopleand not for a few.exactt is still rocking here

ya Mr.X..its area specific.. i chked up wid a lot of ppl... the 5 hrs and disc is happenin only for some pppl.. like for example a frnd of mine on the same lan doesnt face the prob but i do. so they have done it wid a few ppl. and hope so the capping issues are gone for good.. fingers crossed!

Back