Excitel Fiber Review West Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter igloo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 209
  • Views Views 44,984
I was one of few early adopters of Excitel ethernet back in 2015 I think and left it in few months due to downtime every other day, thanks to LCO n way they handle switches n wiring. This time on dedicated fiber line by Excitel I am told downtimes are fewer.

This time back from Airtel who were not ready to increase speeds(16mbps on vfiber for last 3 years) and facing few network problems like some app won't download or stuck at 99% unless i switch to mobile data Plus customer support of Airtel was down the drain in last one year. I think mobile support and landline support is on same level now aka hopeless. also upload speed hurts more than download.

Got new diwali offer plan 2000 for 4 months 100mbps + 750(refundable but no receipt provided) for ONT + 300 for installation(for box with ont n yellow wire).
LCO took 2 days to install it & would have taken probably one more but a warning after wire installation led to same day final activation else he would have lost all the effort till now. And same old money saving ways were used, no use of clip, tying wire to dish n pipes . I think Excitel should handle new installation itself instead of leaving it to LCO.

Speed is 100mbps without any ping loss for now.
But connection do becomes little jittery at too many times so a big no for gamers.
Even youtube streaming sometimes show pixelation when no big load on connection.
At one instance Whatsapp was not connecting.

So glitches still are there like old excitel but no complete downtime for time being.

I'll update if I face more problems. Hopefully rain, moisture and dust won't affect fiber.

Few Results

5415074682.png

5409762645.png

I think below test is on 2.4ghz
5406512375.png

RbgF6iE.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
@philip marlowe u refrain to answer about public ipv6 roll out, last year you told that it's in the pipeline for excitel. Why you are answering questions of ur choice? You should answer all queries. I wonder why u were dormant for last one year despite excitel gaining so much in terms of user volume.

Last edited:
@opomiyulen just like last year that person will vanish when people start complaining or giving too much feedback and end result will be - nothing.

@philip marlowe u refrain to answer about public ipv6 roll out, last year you told that it's in the pipeline for excitel. Why you are answering questions of ur choice? You should answer all queries. I wonder why u were dormant for last one year despite excitel gaining so much in terms of user volume.
last year was quite busy and difficult in many aspects... sorry for not being around.

Speeds above 300 Mbps are not yet planned. Need to understand the use cases? Can you help?

IPv6 is planned for this year, 2nd half. But we are still not convinced it's really needed and is it really solving any real-world problems.

Can you guys help with listing important benefits of IPv6 which you expect to gain if having it?

I have been struggling to connect to my CCTV. Right now I am using zero tier based VPN solution for that.
Since most mobile networks are already on IPv6, it would great if I could access my home network without using a VPN on my phone over IPv6 directly.
Another one is more specific, I have a lot of IoT based devices, which either need port forwarding or IPv6 to be connectable and receive remote commands.

EDIT: Since ipv4 is running out. Most P2P games now support IPv6 to allow p2p gaming.

@JB701 we need ur views here. For torrenting and accessing ur network from internet one needs public ip and its the reason people prefer airtel and other isps.

Last edited:
Port forwarding for games, torrents and maybe hosting home servers

bro9nq6wctl61.jpg

Airtel and Jio have implemented IPv6 on Mobile, why can't you? Why did they implement it? Do they expect all customers to care? Of course not.

Last edited:
as others have said, port forwarding for games, torrents, home servers, cctv cameras etc

uses for speeds >300Mbps - I'm a gamer so sometimes have to download game files that are as large as 100Gb's . Wouldn't mind downloading them faster to save time and if a higher speed plan is available at an extra cost of say 200-300rs more then I'll take it but then this is just me.

Can you please elaborate on why you do not want to migrate to IPv6? Is it a huge hassle on large - scale networks? Also, please consider assigning at least a /56 subnet to customers, as per IETF guidelines. This should help us to subnet that into multiple /64 in our homes. Subnetting a /64 is not recommended and breaks the overall network. Please read this post to know more about this:

IPv6 subnetting a /64 - what will break, and how to work around it?

This should help if we want to segregate certain portions of the network (and many more reasons). I know 99% won't care but if you can, why not make the technologically advanced customers happier? It is absolutely possible because, with IPv6, you don't have any IP scarcity.

The internet was made to connect two people and not two organisations/ one organisation and a person. CGNAT defies that idea. You need a middleman to handle all p2p communications with NAT on both sides. Also, here is why you should deploy IPv6:

Last edited:

Back