Exclusive : Hathway HD Channels Pic !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 62,857
Long back my cablewallah came to my house to check the signal level. on enquiring, he told me that if the signal level is more than certain Db and if he ensures snr ratio above some value he need not worry about much about the reception. So ultimately no. of hd channels will depend on how much analog channels they can get rid of to clear bandwidth required

I tried it just now. I am getting 5.1 audio over HDMI. Setup is something like this. STB to TV is HDMI. TV to home theater is via TV out cable. I am getting 5.1 audio on my home theater.

A suggestion here if your home theater has HDMI in why don't you connect

STB --> HT--> TV (all through HDMI - i.e you need two HDMI cables one from STB to HT in and then HT out to TV in). The HTs are suppose to pass through Video to TV, you would get a better experience and less wires. :)

I am using Hathway cable SD since last 4 years in Mumbai. PQ is not so good, but not very bad either. May be our cables in the Bldg are wornout. Regarding this my question is , whether the same cable which is used in SD signal will be able to transmit HD signal?? Is the HD box only criteria or medium of HQ HD signal? Experts in this area may comment.Also was a point of discussion, why the hathway website is not updated. Last upgrade seen is in 2006!!
no i live in bombay (thane) , our cable operator gives analog service with hathway setup as a optionanalog quality is good but for setup box the quality is shit , if i remove hathway setup box i have to pay same price for monthly payment otherwise i would had got rid of hathway long time ago.Long back my cablewallah came to my house to check the signal level. on enquiring, he told me that if the signal level is more than certain Db and if he ensures snr ratio above some value he need not worry about much about the reception. So ultimately no. of hd channels will depend on how much analog channels they can get rid of to clear bandwidth required
no the cables are good they are not wornout. yes what i am trying to tell hathway setup box quality is shit technican told me they have put 7 channels on 1 analog band and for setup box hathway they have put 13 channels on 1 band . and when new channels gets added to setup box quantity of channels per band increase so the quality will be degrade more . they dont have bandwidht and customers are suffering because of this . but because they have to tell customers they are giving more channels then dth the they compromise on quality . so i have to say the channels quality is shit like when i see big boss and see there is long shot see if u can see people face . i cant even recoginise who is he/she when there is long shot but when i swith to analog channel it is good . i will post screenshots soon.

err. But as per gopi bhai screen shots, PQ looks amazing . But if it is so, pls share the screen shots.

err. But as per gopi bhai screen shots, PQ looks amazing . But if it is so, pls share the screen shots.
i was talking about hathway setup box sd one , not HD and beleive me for HD also they will not have require bandwidth . i mean HD channels needs so much bandwidht and i dont think they have done much to it . like on setup box sd there is 1 music channel in HD that is, m tunes HD , its quality is not HD one at all . beleive me .it is 100 % hd channel but quaility is not even like dvd . it sometimes looks like vcd quality .

Movies Now which comes on digital STB is a SD channel and not HD channel
But it does HD in the logo at the right end corner. Perhaps SD box is not capable to uplink the signal of an HD channel to HD quality.

Back