Extremely slow surfing speed on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter apurvgupta1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 19,353
Just an FYI, MTNL has now reduced FUP speeds to 512kbps on all Xpress Unlimited plans. Previous post FUP limit was 1mbps

^Ah. No wonder. Thanks for the info. Never realized that. Stupid MTNL. Which complaint form? MTNL complaint form?
Yes. The one in my signature. They'll call you back.

sanke1 said:
Just an FYI, MTNL has now reduced FUP speeds to 512kbps on all Xpress Unlimited plans. Previous post FUP limit was 1mbps
looks like the data usage of some customers post fup is hitting mtnl hard ! :tongue:

Looks like MTNL is busy updating (read reducing speeds) their plans as that page is now giving an error
'The connection has timed out
The server at mtnlmumbai.in is taking too long to respond.'

My speeds are low even today with DC &
http://www.pingtest.net
an improved reading (MTNL Ishtyle)
Update 11.16am: I wonder whats up with MTNL Traiff page getting this.
'XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state

Line Number 311, Column 58: &netInterrupt.longDesc;
---------------------------------------------------------^'

Update 11.18: I see this on MTNL FB page, (try not to laugh)
'On the occasion of SADBHAVANA DIWAS MTNL Mumbai pledge to work for the emotional oneness and harmony of all the people of India regardless of caste, region, religion or language.'

why don't they stop screwing our mental harmony and peace then?
btw speeds are normal here on vdsl. i guess there is a different routing for vdsl and adsl ? weird.

Tariff page is opening as usual. Speeds are ok on VDSL.No change of plans except they have reduced post FUP speed to 512 kbps on ALL plans now.

sanke1 said:
Tariff page is opening as usual. Speeds are ok on VDSL.
Speeds r good on ADSL too...... problem is suddenly after few mins(2-3mins) there is a blank space for abt 10-15secs.... where pings goes to 999ms & everything gets timeout......
The connection does not drop in these 10-15secs....... all lights stay ON and then it returns to normal........
Even on Ytube...... it plays well on 480p too @2Mbps but it stops for those 10-15secs and then it resumes playing well for the net few mins.......
Biggest problem for me is gaming....... my char just stops taking orders for 10-15secs and my enemy can just auto-attack me to death..... which is frustrating......

pings are up by almost 100ms out of india. to london i used to get 135-140 on the fidonet server. today it is 240 odd and speed test has dropped from 3-4 mbps to 1.8. pings re normal within asia though. so i guess the routing problems are back again !

Back