Facebook Mobile (0.facebook.com) is now free on Aircel Mobile!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 19,867
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA still has September 30. that was the source of my blog post.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Only telcos compliant with portability can launch new services - Money - DNA

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

ok. this is a slightly different statement

India's telecom regulator said today that mobile number portability (MNP) will be implemented nationwide from October 31, as announced earlier, ruling out any further delay.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

this is from DNA:

After missing the deadline several times, the government had set September 30, 2010, as the new rollout date for mobile number portability (MNP). Portability would allow a cellphone user to retain his number even when he switches over to another service provider in the same circle.

In a communication to the service providers, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has said, “permission to launch commercial service in any service area with effect from September 1, 2010, shall be given only to those licencees who are MNP-compliant.”

So, who is dumping what??? I would switch to MTNL from Voda for its (cheaper) 3G service. Others may have initial technical glitches and probably expensive tariff.

so two news reports have three dates.

time to check out TRAI/DoT website if they have any PR.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

hehe. i would see if i can port my tata indicom number to some 3G enabled GSM number...

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

interesting thing is that being in Delhi NCR region, we might have more options compared to rest of Haryana.

airtel from what i remember does not have the rights to haryana. but they do have rights to delhi.

since gurgaon is part of delhi ncr, airtel would have rights to provide 3G services in gurgaon. so we might have more than 4 players to pick from.

very confusing.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

of course, there should be deals on network sharing that would allow all the major players to offer 3G services.

i hope docomo launches their service in gurgaon. i think they have the rights for haryana...

need to check the thread where the details were given.

3G seems major attraction to port ones number. It will be interesting to watch the market after MNP implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back