Fake BSNL speed test results !

ISP
Connect Broadband / bee ash en L Broadband
Hey!
I don't know whats wrong with BSNL i am getting fake results on two of speed testing websites(I.e. Speedtest.net and bsnlspeedtest.in) . I have tried almost all the available servers in india. I am getting around 1.50 - 1.60mbps on all on them but whenever i try to download something ,the download speed stays at 115-120kBps ? Isn't it supposed to be 200+kBps ? I know i have a 1mbps FUPED connection but i am just curious why the hell i am getting fake results with BSNL network !!

Yup. I was discussing this with mgcarley earlier this week. BSNL shows 6.5mbps on my own connection though I barely able to close in on 4mbps generally.

Oh, Please do post in thread whenever you get any answer. Just to let you know this "faking" doesn't happen when i crosses FUP.

Answer? There is no answer. ISPs have a very large incentive in offering priority connectivity with the servers on speedtest.net and there is little you and me can do about it.Of course, fluctuations are going to be bigger when the speed of the connection is higher. 10% difference at 4mbps is 400kbps. 10% difference at 256kbps is just 25.6kbps.

_Chairman_Saab_ said:
Hey!
I don't know whats wrong with BSNL i am getting fake results on two of speed testing websites(I.e. Speedtest.net and bsnlspeedtest.in) . I have tried almost all the available servers in india. I am getting around 1.50 - 1.60mbps on all on them but whenever i try to download something ,the download speed stays at 115-120kBps ? Isn't it supposed to be 200+kBps ? I know i have a 1mbps FUPED connection but i am just curious why the hell i am getting fake results with BSNL network !!
Can you download files using Firefox add-on [color=#000080;]Doownthemall[/color]

Please post what speed (Download speed) you are getting after that.

Now it happened to cheating
I alway woundered why i get 1.20mbps to 1.60mbps in all speed test but when i download i get avg 60 KB/s now
Last 3 day their Internet is Tripping but my phone works fine is this happening for everyone ?

What I do as a matter of pracitce is use airtels speedtest servers for reliability on bsnl and other isp connections.
The ones I use always show accurate speeds based on my internet plans. The servers I use are
speed.west.airtelbroadband.in (when in Mumbai)
speed.ktk.airtelbroaband.in (when back home)
Check with these servers and post results.
Disclaimer: I am a BSNL DataOne and Airtel Broadband user :)

Back