forgot to shutdown PC, now crossed the MB limit

ISP
2mbps UL "Magic Connection"
Hi,
I have 749 NU,
I setup the pc to download a file at night, the MB downloaded till then was 1110 MB (within 1280 MB limit), but i forgot to start the shutdown timer (that shutdowns the PC at 7:45 a.m.. so when i woke up at 10:00 a.m. i saw PC and download was running, i restarted the modem, to check the usage, and it was 2170, i crossed it by 800 MB +, :wall:

now i called 1504 saying that, there's a error in them the account page, it shows that i have downloaded 2170 MB, but he said you must have used it, i said i didn't (Did i had a choice), then he said write an email to [email protected], and they will check it, and reply !

What do you think, will happen will they do what i want, or still charge me for those MB's , is there any way out !

I think they will charge you . Its hard to deal with mtnl guys .

even i think they will charge u for that extra download.It will be very difficult for you to convince them

The first mistake you made was to not take an unlimited plan.The second one was to forget the shutdown timer.The third one was to post here under your real name (presumably).Try your luck. If they are feeling nice, they may discount it. But I really would be surprised. How much more money does this work out to?

I dont think they will agree... and moreover the session that has used up your usage is 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. They will tell you the same thing that you already know... that u forgot to restart the modem...Unless u r extremely lucky... u will have to shell out the extra 800+ bucks with this month's bill!!!

You are going to be charged 99% for the extra download, almost no chance of Saviour........

Thats why i use :-> Script for terminating Azureus and Shutting down my Ubuntu box-> Scheduler for Azureus-> An Electronic timer that cuts power to the Modem :)

^^^WOW! Super safe!But what if battery/time of eletronic timer goes bad?Electronic timer shud use NTP for perfect time and battery monitor which also sends SMS when it goes low on power:P

Back