Frequent Disconnection / ADSL blinking Issue on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mukundrags
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 571
  • Views Views 138,430
Hello everyone. I had been experiencing the same problem of frequent disconnection of my MTNL Broadband connection.
This had been happening since past 7 or 8 months, which included multiple visits from an MTNL Engineer. Every time, he fiddled with the IP details page of my modem and did one or two changes. The problem got solved for a day or two, only to reap disappointment the 3rd day.
I googled about the issue and tried changing one or two settings as suggested by people.
Go to Advanced settings after logging in. The default user ID is admin and password is admin.
Advanced settings -> ADSL ->
OLD (DEFAULT) values : ADSL Mode : Auto sync-up. ADSL type : ANNEX A/L.
I first changed it to ADSL Mode : ADSL2+ and ADSL type still ANNEX A/L. The situation got a little better than before.
My final settings right now are :
ADSL Mode : G.DMT.
ADSL Type : ANNEX A.
I'm still facing problems. However if before changing the values, the problem was 100x, it's only 4x or 5x after changing the settings to the "Final Settings" mentioned above.
You could give it a try.
:)

No doubt G.Dmt is a *safe* modulation to go with. What will be useful is what your SNR margin with ADSL 2+ (Annex M) and with G.Dmt is. That will mostly dictate what modulation will serve you well.

Back