Frequent disconnection?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,950
g.dmt is adsl1. adsl2+ puts more demand n load on the line hence the speed drops dramatically as the distance increases from the exchange. adsl2+ shud be used if ur downspeed in > 4-5mbits. till then ur better off using adsl1(g.dmt) for better line stability.
btw did it solve ur problem??

as someone pointed out earlier, the problem isn't occuring today so i wouldn't know that but i am on the 1249 Combo plan with speed upto 4MBPS so should i stick to adsl2?

u don't have to. try out a speed test. if ur getting 4mbps then don't bother. adsl1 can theoretically support upto 8. i said 4-5 coz ppl usually need to move to adsl2+ after that.

u don't have to. try out a speed test. if ur getting 4mbps then don't bother. adsl1 can theoretically support upto 8. i said 4-5 coz ppl usually need to move to adsl2+ after that.

cool. do you know how to solve the IP refresh issue every 6 hours? i lose my saved logins on a few sites every 6 hours when it disconnects momentarily to change the IP address :(

All night it disconnected after every 3-4 mins and I tried calling MTNL ;) as usual no one picked up. In my area the only option is MTNL. If anyone knows any fix it will be highly appreciated. Writing this message the net got disconnected. I have read across several forums and tried several things but it did not make any difference. PLEASE HELP!!!

Back