Going to use Jiofiber in a new City, reviews needed.

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I have been a user of Airtel Fiber from past 1 year but now I am shifting to a different city, airtel fiber is not available there. The city is named Faizabad(now ayodhya), The jio fiber infrastructure there seems to be strong as it was one of the first cities to get jio fiber running. Whole city is having fiber access and competition of broadband is zero as there are no local ISPs there. I want to know the speeds you guys during the peak hours, ofcourse with respect to your plan, latency in game, cloud latency, packet loss and downtime. Mention your city also.

Thank you everyone.

My city: Pune
Latency to Valorant Mumbai: 5-8ms/ latency to warzone middle east- 37-43ms/ latency to Singapore 57ms-67ms.
My speed at all times including peak 135-145 Mbps on 150Mbps connection.
No packet loss or latency spikes. 3 downtime (twice due to fiber cut and once due to ONT malfunction) in past 6 months. If its weekend or a public holiday they take time to resolve.
But inspite of such a good connection my ingame experience has been bad. I feel like I have bullet registration problems, and I die too quickly. I am messing around with QOS to solve this problem.

I have just got to know that Airtel fiber will be launching in that city very soon,its showing on the airtel broadband page.

On jio cloudping.info results and pingtestlive.com results had been very good in that city, very nice pings to international servers, whereas airtel's ping to international servers are twice of jio's.

I tried using clouding.info but the results were way off from what I actually experience.
Try using jio and airtel looking glass. That should give you a fair idea about their routing and infrastructure. But you should know the gateway server they would be using for your city, and your ping to that gateway.

jio is ultra dog trash w.r.t gaming , streaming , symmetric Download /upload and worst customer service .

i really dont see any pros for jio, compared to airtel

consider local isp as well

take jio connection as a worst case scenario and as a last damn resort (Yes , its that bad )

@rahulnegi1409 It depends on your location really. In my city the pings on Jio are really excellent, no packet loss or latency spikes. The problem is that the ONT can't be used on bridge mode. But as a small workaround you can turn off the ONT wifi and put your primary router with better QOS in DMZ on the ONT.
But yes, Aietel seems to be a better choice.

Jio is working very well here, no ping spikes while gaming but if other devices are connected to same router and consuming data, then there will be ping spikes as well as packet loss, this is due to cheap router provided by them.

I am switching to airtel very soon(launched yesterday) even though I have two months of jio and it isnt giving me any issues, jio feels odd while browsing, streaming, gaming when youve come to jio from airtel.

Back