Going to use Jiofiber in a new City, reviews needed.

But as a small workaround you can turn off the ONT wifi and put your primary router with better QOS in DMZ on the ONT.
How to disable wifi on jio ont? It gets hidden only ig when you try to disable. Clogging air waves.

jio is ultra dog trash w.r.t gaming , streaming , symmetric Download /upload and worst customer service .

i really dont see any pros for jio, compared to airtel

consider local isp as well

take jio connection as a worst case scenario and as a last damn resort (Yes , its that bad )
Jio is only for YouTube streaming 😛

Last edited by a moderator:
I am switching to airtel very soon(launched yesterday) even though I have two months of jio and it isnt giving me any issues, jio feels odd while browsing, streaming, gaming when youve come to jio from airtel.
That’s because of shitty routing of jio. Too many hops . Though i have no idea about current routing but my earlier experience was not good

when I switched from jio to airtel , i was amazed to see the faster page loads

it's not only about gaming
a few weeks ago I had issues with azure and DigitalOcean services
jio blocks some sites as well, which are useable on airtel
and on top of that, we don't port forwarding, NAT strict.

my friend living near me has airtel and it all works just fine on his machine

IDK what horrible time was it when I opted for this trash jio .
well played jio , well played indeed, s.o.b got to me.

I contacted support so many times, they just don't know what we saying and keep saying talk to the engineer and the engineer says talk to customer care.

personally, I can never refer jio to anyone, better stay with the local isp, at least they come to the doorstep if there is some net issue because they care for money.

whereas jio have already asserted dominance and monopoly, they don't give 2 crap about customer now.

@rahulnegi1409 It depends on your location really. In my city the pings on Jio are really excellent, no packet loss or latency spikes. The problem is that the ONT can't be used on bridge mode. But as a small workaround you can turn off the ONT wifi and put your primary router with better QOS in DMZ on the ONT.
But yes, Aietel seems to be a better choice.
Wydm by put router on ont ?

As in use a router behind jio router ?

I mean use a good router as the access point for internet. Put the IP address of that router in DMZ in the ONT

@rahulnegi1409

Yes, that's right. Assign a static IP to your second router in the Jio router, and then put it in DMZ. Do port forwarding as required for open NAT in games.

And its very important that you turn off the Jio WiFi, and don't connect any other device directly to Jio router using LAN (except your second router), else it would mess up your gaming traffic. All devices have to be connected to your second router with proper QOS settings.

The downside is that Jio call won't work (Some people say using Jio routers IP in DNS of second router gets the Jio call working) and you won't get ipv6.

Back