Going to use Jiofiber in a new City, reviews needed.

@Yatch
so this is a bug or a workaround?

also ipv6 is not getting assiged to my 2nd router for some reason

can you have a look to the post?

my priority is to get ipv6 on my 2nd router and from my 2nd router , ipv6 ips to my devices in my room

since my jio router is very far away from my room , i cant use its WIFI

thanks

Your second router will obtain ipv6 in WAN, but not on LAN. It means the devices connected to your second router won't receive ipv6, but your second router would have a IPv6 address, and would be internally able to ping any IPv6 address.

If Ipv6 is important to you than look at ipv6 tunnel broker like Hurricane electric. But you would need openWRT or DD wrt for it to work. There might be others but I am unaware.

The second option is to use Cloudflare VPN which allots ipv6 to each device.

Otherwise you have to put the second router in Bridge mode by setting its IP address in the same Subnet as Jio Router/ disabling DHCP/ connecting Jio router LAN to the LAN of the second router. But QOS won't work in this setup on the second router, and won't be ideal for gaming.

Could you please go to the list of LAN clients in status page of Jio router and check if Ipv6 has been allotted to your second router?

@Yatch

it gets ipv6 address assiged to my rouuter's (as i can confirm from the same mac address )

but when i turn on prefix delegation in my 2nd router ipv6 settings page , it loses ipv6 address

also can you tell me about this bridge thing?

so i have to make my 2nd router into bridge mode and connect to jio router lan port?

i thought bridge mode was to disable internet connection on the target router and make its lan port a wan port

If you put your second router in bridge mode, it would just work as a wired range extender for your Jio router. But the second router can have it's own SSID. Ipv6 would work on any device connected to this second router and also jio call would work.
The downside is that you will not have QOS and it will be bad experience in online gaming.

I used , an option called ipv6 pass through in the ipv6 setting for my 2nd router ( as suggested by sayangr)

now i am getting ipv6 address on all of my devices connected to my 2nd router

thanks

@sayangr and @Yatch

But there again is a drawback. If someone browses an ipv6 enabled site then you might have bad experience in on line FPS games, since the ONT would be handling the bandwidth.
I achieved the same result by assigning my 2nd router a static IP in jio ONT, then in Jio's DHCP range only enabled that static IP of my second router. One cable from Jio Lan to 2nd router WAN, and the second cable from Jio LAN to 2nd router LAN. This way the Jio router only acts as an IPV6 DHCP server, and all devices connected to 2nd router would get IPV6 straight from Jio ONT.
But try monitoring your ping in pingplotter app, and simultaneously run a cloudflare speed test which should connect on IPV6. You will see a spike in the latencies everytime you run a test.

@Yatch

i got the point of using one cable from jio lan to 2nd router WAN (for WAN access )

"second cable from Jio LAN to 2nd router LAN" but what is this for?

also , " Jio's DHCP range only enabled that static IP of my second router" for this
i have to make sure other devices cant connect? ( i.e dont let other device lease an ip )

or just simply use static ip in JIO's router DHCP ip range for my 2nd router

PS speed test in cloduflare

YztcJuA.png

It's for bridging the ipv6 (from jio router) on my 2nd routers WAN to its LAN. But you need not worry about this, since you have IPV6 passthrough function.
Did you notice the spike in pings while you ran the cloudflare speedtest? Enabling QOS on second router would also not help since the network traffic would be handled by jio ONT with that passthrough function. Only thing that could have helped is if bridge mode function was available on Jio router, and I could have used my gaming router for bandwidth management while having Ipv6 connectivity.

@Yatch

as i shared the screens shot
it peaked to the shown values and it just didnt move afterwards during the test

moreover, i dont do much gaming , my need for ipv6 was to share files with xampp and work with application and test API's

Back