Google Discover (Google Suggest, Google Feed, Google Now, Google App)

Inside Search: Now on Tap update: Text Select and Image Search

If you use Now on Tap in an app, email, chat, or news article with a lot of text, sometimes the results aren’t as precise as you’d like. Starting today, you can give Google a nudge by selecting exactly what you want help with, and you’ll get the right information, right away.

You can also get quick info about images on your screen. Let’s say you’re scrolling through the Google Photos app and see a photo you can’t quite place. Simply touch and hold the home button to get a helpful card with more info. This works across all your apps, not just Photos. If you’re browsing Pinterest and want to learn more about cool artwork, just touch and hold the home button for a helpful card with more info.

And for certain images or objects, you can also search via your camera app in real time. If you’re standing in front of the Bay Bridge, you can hold up your phone, open your camera app, touch and hold the home button, and get a helpful card with deep links to relevant apps. This works for more than just famous structures like the Bay Bridge, you can even point your camera at a movie poster or magazine and get additional info about what you're looking at.

Source
Source
Source

Google is rolling out a brand-new Now On Tap bar layout with nearby places and quick actions

AmyB.png

Inside Search: More on Tap: Translate, discover and improved Search by image

With Now on Tap’s new translate feature, you can translate text on any screen, whether it’s an app or webpage. Just long press the home button and tap the “Translate this screen” card. Volia, the text on screen will be translated into your phone’s language.

Now on Tap is great for getting things done, but our new discover mode can also help you learn more about things that interest you. Just tap the “Discover” icon and get a stream of visual content related to what’s on your screen — it’s perfect for browsing and exploring, rather than searching for something in particular.

Last month, we announced that you can use Now on Tap to search via your camera app for objects like famous landmarks. Today, we’re expanding that to include barcodes and QR codes.

Google Goggles does not work on Android N so this update is useful.

jPw32j.png

Source

Is it just me or is the quick screenshot feature in 'Now On Tap' now gone!
I can't find it since morning after having updated to the latest version of Google App. :(

Last edited:
i am not on the beta channel of google now. i just updated to the latest build that google play had to offer. and i still have screenshot feature on now on tap.

you are right. it's gone. every day brings a new nuisance from this asshole company.

Back