Google News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 466
  • Views Views 63,993
you know you can disable personalized search and totally ignore it?

and you can also switch to bing or duckduckgo?

i actually liked this search because it enabled to search through my own old shares on google plus. and of course, getting shared links from people i follow is also cool.

----------

and it is not really creepy. it only searches through content that is already accessible to you and shared by your friends. if i had shared a photo to you alone in the past through plus, you might see it in the search results. but only you get to see it and not others.

it is actually a very good example of why you should be serious about your shares in the public domain. just because tools does not exist that can link your public activities online does not mean that your online activities from the past are safe. facebook can tomorrow launch a similar search that works on shares on their own network. and i bet it would result in much more embarrassing situations for their users.

ya i can disable , but as you said , its what we share . I also do like search results shared or +1 by friends , actually ,many of the stuff i search is +1 by you :D (reddit stuffs mostly)

Yes you are right on the past stuffs. IIRC , there was a add-on /GM script which erases older FB status . As i said , google now puts responsibility back on its users on what they share. I wonder what happened to all those G+ users who racked up numbers (friends)

Also to keep in mind is Circle sharing.

Google Begins Testing Its Augmented-Reality Glasses

https://plus.google.com/111626127367496192147/posts

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4

i actually +1 a lot of stuff as a recommendation to people who might be following me. :) have to stop myself from giving a +1 to grey areas of the web for similar reasons :|

it is safer than helping the folks out after their accounts are breached by the state sponsored hackers!

Back