Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
India might be a large market, but it is not a big market for LG. In fact, I think local manufacturers are likely to have a combined market share that beats Samsung's.
LG would probably focus on markets where they are going to sell enough units. Eventually they might bring it to India. But still. LG branding is a big issue for the success of Nexus smartphones in India.
I know at least 3 people who bought a Samsung despite me recommending them Nexus 4 to them just because it was an LG.

they still haven't launched nexus 7 nor google chromecast, seems more like google not interested in India to me :tongue: if google was serious about India they would have made LG launch here just as in other markets ! Nexus 4 launch was pretty much last in India !

Why would Google be interested in India? India is a Samsung market largely and then there are smaller players. How much market do you think there is for a Nexus device? Few thousand units? Better to invest in bringing back Motorola in comparison.

xerxes said:
The guy is not even looking at the phone while pretending to be clicking a photo. Its a planted teaser by Google . The phone has a LG branding sign
i didnt know that you really have to look exactly at screen to take a photo , specially if you have already adjusted everything and may be excited about the target :playful:

Especially if Google has added the Moto X software enhancements to the software on the next Nexus. Which allows you to take photo by clicking anywhere on the screen.

ishaan said:
i didnt know that you really have to look exactly at screen to take a photo , specially if you have already adjusted everything and may be excited about the target :playful:
In the video below that, I can see the guy looking at the screen while taking the snap! ;)

it only supports micro sim ? need to get a cutter then ?

I would rather get my normal sim replaced for a micro sim from Airtel, possible ? :P

chromaniac said:
India might be a large market, but it is not a big market for LG. In fact, I think local manufacturers are likely to have a combined market share that beats Samsung's.
LG would probably focus on markets where they are going to sell enough units. Eventually they might bring it to India. But still. LG branding is a big issue for the success of Nexus smartphones in India.
I know at least 3 people who bought a Samsung despite me recommending them Nexus 4 to them just because it was an LG.

Why would Google be interested in India? India is a Samsung market largely and then there are smaller players. How much market do you think there is for a Nexus device? Few thousand units? Better to invest in bringing back Motorola in comparison.
Well it was not a market for even Samsung when Nokia was at the top here. Eventually advertisements, good marketing , too many phone releases with android and great hardware did get samsung at the top making Nokia stand no where near to it. If LG does realize that and then try the same thing what samsung did in India, it might make a way here. LG have got great phones, Optimus G, Pro, G2, Nexus 4 and now Nexus 5... all are awesome, I bet people will buy them alot, but they need to spend in advertisements and marketing. I have not seen any ads of Nexus on TV ever. LG need to educate people more abt why their devices are awesome when compared to Samsung's shit.
The thing is LG brand is a big fail in india when seeing their LCD's , LED's , washing machines etc etc. That's why people don't like LG.
I have too recommended many people including my own real brother to buy nexus and dump the shitty iPhone 4 but all he tells me that, sure your nexus is very fast and doesn't hang ever. But I have iPhone just to show off to other people.
There is definitely market for Nexus devices. There is no device which beats them in that price range ( i.e 25k ) and when compared to the hardware, it easily beats Sony's xperia Z and Samsung's S3. Even if compared to S4, sure S4 has a great hardware but I have seen it lags so many times if compared to nexus and their pure android experience. So yeah, There is market for Nexus devices. Just the marketting/advetisements are needed to make people aware about these devices. Ask thousand people what is a nexus device and only may be one person will know what nexus is... that too very rarely.

Nexus are developer phones meant to move the eco system as a whole move forward. They are sold cheap and no one even knows what kind of agreements does Google have with their Nexus partners. What kind of revenue sharing deals do they have. These phones are never going to have the kind of push behind them from the companies unless they sell well in America. Look at the Nexus 7, it has been made much better and being pushed much harder because it sold pretty well in the US. Nexus phone are never going sell in US because they are sold unlocked without the support of the carriers. End of story. Anyway, i dont think Nexus phones are good in terms of durability or attention to detail because both the companies involved in it dont have enough on the line to pay attention.
If you are looking for a Google experience, the future i think should be Motorola. They know about hardware much more than Google.

Back