• Thread starter Thread starter siren
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 5,629

siren

Gadget Freak
ISP
BSNL
Guys i want to buy a smartphone for myself in the month of may(bday :pleasantry: ). Kindly suggest whether i should go for android(nexus 5) or iOS(i5s). Actually i am more inclined towards iPhone, would also like to wait if new one is releasing in June. But i am impressed by Nexus 5. Confused between the two. I dont think its a point to invest 15k more for a fingerprint scanner n few features. But atlast iphone is an iphone. So can anyone suggest which one is better of the two? And i dont want any other options, Sony, sammy, etc. My current phone is Desire SV.
Thank You

I own the Samsung s4 gt 9500 and their tablet I was thinking to buy a used iphone4 from ebay but i saw it outed in hardware and not impressive anymore I suggest you wait for the Samsung Galaxy S5 gt9500 if you want the best. you can buy a outer strong protection cover Google nexus is proberly using a samsung ssd if not then it should be slower in disk read and write speed--link redacted-- In speed wise Samsung S4 i9500 is faster than nexus It clearly shows that Samsung s4 i9500+ is better than Google Nexus all ways in hardware So the point goes down to which os is better is it 4.4 kitkat vs 4.2 jelly bean

Upvote 0
iPhone 4 with iOS 7 is nothing but disaster .. If someone says tht he or she is happy with the speed than they r just kidding themselves.. It made my phone very slow ..
Tht is the only reason I upgraded to nexus 5 ..
Apart from tht .. iphone 5s price is almost double of nexus 5 in US .. and it is in no way worth tht amount .. One get almost exactly same functionality at half the cost with nexus 5 ..
Even look wise it is not worth double the price .. Nexus 5 looks easily match and infact exceed iphone 5s looks ..

Upvote 0
No point in investing extra bucks for s5 as the hardware is similar to nexus 5. except for fingerprint scanner, camera and dust/waterproof.

Upvote 0
siren said:
i hv had terrible experience with HTC, so strictly no HTC, they dont provide updates soon also. if i6 releases, it wud carry a huge price tag, ppl wud buy 5s more then. :-P my point is i hv used androids and after a year or so they feel old. which is not the case with iPhones.
my brother's nexus 4 doesn't feel old and he uses it like it is a cheap 1000 bucks phone. also, most iPhone users in india treat their phones with a lot of care. i can't use any iphone without jailbreaking so what is the use of buying a phone for looks alone and i really feel like nexus 5 looks better than an iphone or at least they are equal in terms of looks.

Upvote 0
chromaniac said:
so what else should they have included? gold?
lol, i meant to say the hardware is old which is in s5. no surprise this time, S4 would still be a btr one than s5.

Upvote 0
What difference does a slightly faster processor make? You already have quad core processors running at around 2GHz. What are you going to gain from a slightly more powerful processor? A few microseconds on app boots?

Upvote 0
siren said:
lol, i meant to say the hardware is old which is in s5. no surprise this time, S4 would still be a btr one than s5.
i have no idea what people want. Samsung clearly released S5 because they have to make more money and most people will read that it is S5 and buy it. they released a few gimmicks to make it different. S4 is a great phone with no lag and does everything easily.
i asked the same thing to my friend who upgraded from 5 to 5s.

Upvote 0
Finally i am upto a conclusion to buy n5, thought u hv one...can anyone comment about its battery..i hv nrmal to heavy usage..whatsapp everynw n then n an hour of talk roughly in a day..on 2g..i hv heard many complains about its battery life...and secondly i dont fancy s5 ...battery of n5 is the only issue i am keeping options fr nexus..

Upvote 0
Nexus 5 has an average battery life. KitKat is pretty awesome. The phone does not lose much battery when in standby mode which is very nice. On regular usage it should easily last entire day especially on EDGE. But if battery life is more important, I suggest going for LG G2 which is slightly expensive but has a much better battery backup.

Upvote 0

Back