Google Nexus Wireless Charger

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 7,459
Any wireless charger with suitable rating should work fine. I have never used any so not in position to say anything.

Seen few good ones off ebay around usd 20. But the deal breaker for me is that these chargers works at around 6 watts whereas if you use only wired charger it takes 3 watts. I'm not willing to expend even a single wattage of my daily watt budget for this luxury of not hooking in a physical cable.

Got an update from iShop today. Apparently Google shipped it only on December 2 and it has still not reached their warehouse.

They finally shipped it to India :o

looks like they are playing games because they previously confirmed that google shipped it on december 2. and apparently it took google 14 days to deliver it to their US based warehouse? nope. i do not believe that.

lol.
Your package, order no.: 8001959543 has been cleared at customs and has arrived at our Mumbai hub.

Just arrived. More than a month after placing the order :|
Good News:
It works.
Charger is compatible with India with a simple adapter.
Magnet is strong so it is unlikely that the phone would slip and fall away.

Bad News:
USB cable is short.
USB port hole is thin so unable to use longer cables I have with it.
USB port on my PC is not strong enough.

The red light you see indicates that there is not enough power. Connected on my desktop's port.
The small footprint means that it might not be a good charging pad for devices without magnets...

It works with the thicker Amazer case which is also good.

Back