Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,786
I was left behind on Gmail, i was left behind on Orkut, i mean i got the invites for it very late. I missed out on Wave, & Buzz isnt that nice......This is the 1st time thanks to this Forum, that i am using a product thats launched 1 or 2 days back & people want to use it!!Thanks Admin!!

ah well. not a big deal. i get invites, i send them to whoever asks it from me. :)

Achha btw, is that "+1" button in G+, equivalent of Like on FB??

yup. just like google +1 button on web pages is similar to facebook like button.

They wudnt have expected such sort of response!! they too seem to be taken by shock.

They wudnt have expected such sort of response!! they too seem to be taken by shock.

hehe. you can be sure that they are just annoying us to keep the thing interesting.

it is pretty clear that if you launch something for everyone in one go, there is an initial buzz that dies down in a matter of days.

you have to play it smartly. do not give out enough invites and you have something like google wave on your hands. launch it for everyone and you get another google buzz.

----------

i hope for one thing though. google+ would make more people use the +1 button on web pages.

i checked the statistics today. apparently i am the only one using the +1 button on this forum regularly.

only the homepage has received more than 10 +1s most other pages just have one and that is probably from me!

^ I don't use it because you said that our vote will be visible to the world.I mean, Mister this and this voted this site :confused:

ahem. i never said that your votes would be visible to the world. i just said that the number of votes would be visible. and only your google connections would see that you recommended a particular web page. if we are connected on google... i might see that you +1ed this web page.this is sort of necessary to bring the trust factor to +1ed links. i mean if i can see that a friend of mine has recommended this link, it adds to the trust. a random number of +1 on a web page does not do much good to me right?

Back