Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,785
ah sad. looks like they blocked the loophole.

----------

it is pretty much a rip-off of facebook plus some additional features.

here is what i can see...

huddle is an alternative to blackberry messenger and Apple imessage. currently available only on android phones. but apps for iOS and Blackberry could make it a multi-platform messenger.

hangout is a multi-user video chat platform. i do not have a webcam so i cannot play with it yet.

google plus also offers instant uploading of images from android phones. so you can use it as a replacement for apps like picplz and instagram (when it launches for iOS). also works as backup. though it would probably resize your original images.

----------

Ok. was exploring the Google+ app on Android. You can configure it to upload all photos and videos stored on the phone to a private album on Picasa Web. This is excellent stuff. Auto Sync.

You can set it to upload only when the phone is on Wi-Fi and charging. To save on money and battery life.

I was looking for this feature because iOS 5 has it.

----------

Google Plus users... Changes on Google Picasa Web Albums:

Albums you've shared can in turn be tagged and shared by others.
For new albums, anyone an album is shared with can see who else it is shared with.
When you tag someone, they receive a notification and can see the photo and the related album.

----------

more details here: Picasa Help

i like that they are offering more free storage to google plus users.

Looks preety cool for the time being.....will xplore it now!!

they blocked the only way invites were working for me.

U r rite....i & few others were lucky ones to sneak in thru the temporary loophole!!PS: Generally people sneak out thru loop-holes.......But for "Search & invite" they are directly lifting up contacts from our Gmail contacts.....and that includes 1 off cases of emails too. That includes THE OTHER people who have been communicated in that single mail by the sender.

you can still communicate with people who are not on google+they get the message through email. but they cannot respond back.

Thats right & thats diff matter altogether.What i am telling is something else. I have sent them the feedback, that it wud be gud if we have to option to unclutter that list.......i mean we shud be simply able to "Cross-mark" an email saying that i dont want to add that contact to any circle.But again that feedback method is quite cool - it gave me a tool to take a screenshot, & post my comment, then preview the whole thing & finally send it.No hassle of taking screenshot, saving it, then uploading it........

Back