Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,792
I have clicked enable chat thrice, still it freaking loads. Why is it so desperate to have me chat with people I don't know. heh.----------Cleared cache, still won't go. Argh!

I have so far found Google+ confusing / complicated to use. I have to admit I didn't look in detail, but how do I set a default visibility mode for my posts? Do I need to specify each time whom the post is visible to? Where are my own previous posts? How do I know if someone has responded to my post? I got a mail saying someone responded to my comment. I deleted the mail, went to Google+, but neither found any notification, nor any link to my own post. How is it done?

errm...

google plus remembers the last setting you used for sharing. so if you have posted one post publicly, compose box would automatically show public next time you open it...

there is a notifications option in the left column https://plus.google.com/notifications/all . there is a number in the top bar that shows notifications too (on plus and other google properties). click on it and you can see all notifications there in a drop down.

all your own posts are available from the profile button. https://plus.google.com/me third button at the top.

I have so far found Google+ confusing / complicated to use. I have to admit I didn't look in detail, but how do I set a default visibility mode for my posts? Do I need to specify each time whom the post is visible to? Where are my own previous posts? How do I know if someone has responded to my post? I got a mail saying someone responded to my comment. I deleted the mail, went to Google+, but neither found any notification, nor any link to my own post. How is it done?

Its not so complicated. Like facebook, where you share someting it had options to share with friends, friends of friends and everyone. Same works for Google +
By default it is shared to all your circles, but you can make it limited to specific circles or person. All replies would reflect on top rite between your username and " Share " link.

Someone would be responding to you shortly more precisely with pictorial representation.:p Till then keep experimenting !! ;)

Something is screwed up in my account, the list of people having me is not getting updated.

And this nag screen won't go, nor can I can use the feedback option now. It shows error while submitting feedback.

@ agantuk

You have to mess with these settings when you want to change your stream privacy. It also remembers the last option you used.

http://i.min.us/jdRVtE.png[

just send a bunch of invites whenever you get that option. they might not get in immediately. but they are added to some virtual queue and would get in sooner or later.

----------

in fact, create a new circle with friends that want to join plus. and make sure that every public message is also addressed to that circle. might fasten the process.

I saw this last night but now its not present. Only one of my friends managed to get in.

ACtually, as far as I had noticed, Google + is opening Invite Options every nights after 11 PM mab be testing to avoid Insane Invitees and removing the option along with Shutting down the gateway in early morning. :Read:

I sent invites to all my friends of Facebook last nite and still getting notifications of getting them added. So Best of Luck for tonite for those who missed out till now ;)

Back