• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,440

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I first heard about the rockbox project on the IRiver forum. I believe the firmware, like Linux is open source and significantly upgrades the capability of your DAP, making it capable of playing more formats, adding more features like gapless playback, giving complete user control over display, and much more. see Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware for more

Considering there are so many open source fans in this forum, I want to know if anyone has loaded rockbox on their IPod/ IRiver/ Cowon player, or plans to do so! I really wanted to load it on my IRiver H320 but chickened out because I am afraid to lose it (it's not recommended for novices and I am certainly one)

voids the warranty from what i understand.

what a coincidence! i just read about rockbox yesterday!its always a tough thing for newbies to do all the flashing things n all. but i guess you wont go wrong if you follow the instructions properly (which i am very good at :P). theres always a first time!PS- they havent officially released it for the iriver h300 series(though its quite stable as they say). i suggest you might wanna wait.

i had once modded the firmware of my motorola l7 to include Apple's itunes (which it does not have orignally) and also made it skinable (also not possible with stock firmware)...basically i just just followed instructions from some site.... and i did this on the same day i bought it with bill:yahoo:

yup i too modded my e6 to add winamp and an iPhone style theme and bootupscreen and i also modded my PSP to run downloaded games on it So basically read the forums and if there arent too many BRICK stories then u should be fine

i would IF i had a iRiver! :P

Back