• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 22,882

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Ok my question is bit strange. I hope I will be able to explain it well with these examples.

PREFACE:

In last 2 centuries..we have seen many inventions.

Like:
Flying a plane.
Talking to person thousands of miles far.
Replacing body parts
Oils/gas/electric power etc.

Taking and regenerating photos
Capturing a sound and regenerating it.

X-Rays and Laser rays etc.

DETAIL:

But if you see like last few decades. We have not really have had a breakthrough inventions.

Whatever technology change we see is actually just enhancements of known technology.

Like:
Planes travel faster or go higher (rockets) but we havent found a way to actually teleport anything/anyone.

We create robots and all, add artifical intelligence. A common men wud see this is as WOW this is intelligent robot but in real world we all know its still dumb. It will only do what it is programmed to do and based on whatever scenarios has been fed in it. It wont really have HUMAN like brain. (e.g i-robot scene of robot NOT saving a baby). Will we be able to give REAL intelligence?

Computers become faster and smaller with 32bit upgrade to 64bit with more instruction set. Again basically enhancements.

Will we ever be able to make an engine that runs purely on water or something new?

We transplant body parts, we may in future be able to transplant brain/heart.. that wud be enhancement to current technology. But will we be able to transplant a soul from dying body to other body OR preserve a soul somewhere till a dying body is repaired to be reused?

We have unit of measurement for light and sound. Will we ever be able to give unit of measurement to taste and smell and digitally store it and reproduce it? I know there is work in progress, but i wud still call that headless thing and not anything really very concrete.

X-rays / Laser etc..there are improvements in that too but will we have something else? Like finding something faster than light and then using it as medium?

Will we really have ability to go in past or future?

What abt invisibility? Will we really be able to make our refraction as 1? (i.e. without using mirroring tricks)

I would like if people dont just say "everything is possible" because thats not the answer to my question.

My question is, we dont know that all those things which i mentioned is possible or not. Or its just the imagination and not really possible?

If its not possible, so does it mean that "we have now reached the limit of innovations in technology?". Will we now just be enhancing the innovations and not really find much new? So has the human brain's invention capacity reached to maximum?

And please mind it.. i am talking abt innovation and not tricks. Just like cutting a body in half by magic is actually trick work and not innovation. It makes u think its so... but not really so..so dont mix two things.

Currently 3D movie is also trick work, it uses human eyes inability, by mixing colors. But the picture itself is not really a 3D. Its on plain 2D surface.

A laser show however is a real 3D innovation where its actually floating in air in form of light.

So dont mix tricks with technology!

I hope I have made my question roughly clear!

There may be other things which I have not remembered but I will put up later if i remember.

Points worth thinking about.......But the expectations u have mentioned appear pretty much beyond practical reality to me.

Yes so thats why the question. Have we reached the limit of inventions in technology?

From my point of view - Yes. We will find enhancements, or tricks as u have mentioned. But breakthroughs will be limited......they will be there, but in small numbers.

Yes, me too think the same.But then other people will say that:few centuries back people laughed at person who said that planes will be flying OR that he will be talking with someone thousands of miles far.But in those days people didnt believe in science and technology and hence laughed.But my points that I have put here are after considering the capacity of current science. So I wud say that dont compare my thinking with ancient people's thinking!

some of it could be credited to patents i am sure. you create something new, you are bound to infringe on someone else's patent on the way.

Thats right......but as of now if u take the case of teleporting.......how wud that happen thats the question. U are at one place & suddenly u go missing from there & pop up at other place. For voice communication, u transmit sound. But how wud u transmit humans or other objects?U can transmit video/audio, but how do u transmit humans?Then u mentioned about Robots with Real Intelligence......that also seems impossible, coz man doesnt know how to make brains. He can make everything "Machine" oriented. Not a living entity, except for reproduction of course!! ;)Then, something Faster than light - well even the scientists believe that theres nothing faster than light.Then time travel - people are talking about it, but it seems impossible to me. I mean how will the logic work?? Someone from Future can come in between us?? Leave that......Suppose at an age of 30 u feel like going to ur age of 10-12......u travel to that time. Now, will u have 2 amish, or Jaymin or something?? I really dont understand this thing.So according to me, these things arent practically possible.

Yes, so what is there, left to be invented? Have we pretty much invented everything we can invent? Just enhancements here and there left?

I am not able to think of other things. But about the things mentioned - yes, i dont think they are possible.But yeah u may find breakthroughs somewhere in form we havent even thought of at this moment.

Back