Having upgraded from cable to Tata sky dth, i expected the following....

1. Tata(Sky's EPG is better than other DTHs.
2. This is first time some one is complaining about Remote :D
3. Yes I agree. Audio and Video is compressed more. But it is applicable to all DTH.
4. Only TDSAT or TRAI can fix the a-la-carte rule to force DTH to give channels of consumers choice.
5. You should say you dont like this channel. Many people love this channel.
6. Right none of the DTH providers allow to record programmes with their STB. If you have COmp, tv tuner card , you can record... Tata(Sky is introducing PVR enabled STB in this year.. so wait for it...
7. I am not interested in active services, so i dont want to comment on that

Rightly said

1. Tata(Sky's EPG is better than other DTHs.
2. This is first time some one is complaining about Remote :D
3. Yes I agree. Audio and Video is compressed more. But it is applicable to all DTH.
4. Only TDSAT or TRAI can fix the a-la-carte rule to force DTH to give channels of consumers choice.
5. You should say you dont like this channel. Many people love this channel.
6. Right none of the DTH providers allow to record programmes with their STB. If you have COmp, tv tuner card , you can record... Tata(Sky is introducing PVR enabled STB in this year.. so wait for it...

I am not happy for one reason, is that their subscription rates are higher. Other than that, I am very happy to be a Tata(Sky user... :)
I too agree with most points above.
@1 - Tata Sky's EPG is far better, especially if you would have watched carefully, even the EPG is updated for delayed matches
@2 - The remote is based on SKY's remote and used worldwide (and I had no problem so far)

This is the first time am reading something against the remote... You will always get a seperate remote for the Set top box be it Cable (CAS) or DTH. And channels which u find useless are actually liked by thousands of other Viewers...

guys the regional channel viewers(tamil,telugu,malayalam and kanada)are the most affected ones as they dont get all the channels bothin Tata Sky and DISH TV but v get regional channels in SUN DIRECT but no international channels in that so evrything is lagging in something and know one thing tat most of the users of dish tv face a problem of ''BAD SIGNAL'' in rainy days but TS does not have those kind of signal deficiency and do read the DISH tv forum so tat u will come to know how worse the dish tv provides service after sales and the adequate presence of the VS number in the screen and one thing the picture quality and the installation is not done well by DISH tv service professional and one additional thing is TATA SKY has a good responding CC which is very important for an organization to have the queries replaced by the service professional but the one thing which TATA lags is tat their package tariff is very high compared to DISH tv

hey diz is to remind u dishtv is offering dvr thro wich u can record nd pause live tv....its only dat their quality is not good nd the price around 15000RS+ is unaffordable my many.....

Yes you are right :) Tata Sky PVR won't be cheap either. Everything is costly in Tatasky. I don't think the thread starter would get any support here. Some are Hardcore Tatasky fans and others are Tatasky people themselves.

Hi.

we are not supposed to be content with whatever Tata Sky gives us. we have the right to expect service which makes us satisfied. i have noticed,

1) (a) EPG for news channels does not explain what the pgm is about, same for cartoon channels. sometimes there are inaccuracies. as consumers of DTH why are we deprived of perfect services.

(b) for movies the information just tells the story and only in some cases the cast. the mentioning of cast is must. we watch movies based on star cast.

(c) after midnight the epg for zee movies, zee studio is blank. In general, zee channels information on epg is poor.

(d) what about info epg gives for MTV, V channel, and other music channels.

(e) epg for regional channels is very poor.

2) the remote is so big that it becomes a responsibility to handle along with the tv remote.

3) there is no way we should accept the picture quality of channels as they are now. DTH is capable of delivering pictures free of artefacts like pixellation.

4) who wants to watch regional channels of other states. where is bindass movies, ibn 7, sahara news, india tv, firangi???? and many more..

5) The sound quality lacks bass, its too sharp.

NOW TELL ME IS THIS WHAT DTH IS SUPPOSED TO DELIVER????

Tata sky keeps adding ACTIVE SERVICES,

ACTIVE DARSHAN has poor video quality! Are they playing with us.

it takes 30-120 seconds to access active services. why this lag??

the user interface is so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant we have themes to make is intersting.

pls letme know what you think.

1. I agree, EPG is bad for some channels like VH1 but better than the rest2. You'll get used to the remote3. Video quality is better than most others4. It provides all the decent english channels, except the Zee bouquet. Most relevant hindi channels are also there.5. Well yeah this is India. Almost no one provides international channels6. You can't expect to record programs now! All that is provided is a regular STB, not a PVR/DVR.7. Use Tata Sky for TV only, just think of everything else like Actve and Home as an added bonus which is just a marketing gimmick.Once again, this is India, you have to compromise. :(

Tata Sky- this name has lost trust among those who expect high quality of services. those who are content should wake up. we should unite and complain against the governing body of DTH operators. :mad:

here is an extension of my previous list,

1) We are never informed when a new channel(s) is launched.

2)When hearing music on MTV, channel V, etc., the sound lacks bass. signal from cable guys had better sound quality.

3) one does not enjoy those strange numbers floating on the screen when an important scene is being watched. esp. news report and cricket match.

4) In dark scenes, fast scenes pixels are clearly visible. which makes us feel sick.

5) to watch all channels i have to pay 400 rs. its too much in india.

6) they should come out with innovative packages rather that Lifestyle packages.

pls let me know your opinion....

i am supposed to be an south indian(tamil) v have more number of tamil channels(around 18) broadcasted in cable but in TATA v get around 8 tamil channels and y this lag v need all the tamil channels and v dont need any hindi channels.As i need an important tamil channel like SUN TV i have to choose SOUTH VALUE PACK were SUN TV is not available in FAMILY PACK and i also need SOUTH STARTER PACK for the pay channels to be broadcasted and also i have to add one more pack for watching IPL matches and tat is SOUTH JUMBO PACK totally i pay RS.350/month in cable tv i had payed only RS.100/month were i would get all tamil channels and i can watch the match but no pay channels i am a die hard fan of WWE and so purchased a TS but now feeling tat paying for the channels wat i wont watch anytime:cry:

Hi.

we are not supposed to be content with whatever Tata Sky gives us. we have the right to expect service which makes us satisfied. i have noticed,

1) (a) EPG for news channels does not explain what the pgm is about, same for cartoon channels. sometimes there are inaccuracies. as consumers of DTH why are we deprived of perfect services.

(b) for movies the information just tells the story and only in some cases the cast. the mentioning of cast is must. we watch movies based on star cast.

(c) after midnight the epg for zee movies, zee studio is blank. In general, zee channels information on epg is poor.

(d) what about info epg gives for MTV, V channel, and other music channels.

(e) epg for regional channels is very poor.

2) the remote is so big that it becomes a responsibility to handle along with the tv remote.

3) there is no way we should accept the picture quality of channels as they are now. DTH is capable of delivering pictures free of artefacts like pixellation.

4) who wants to watch regional channels of other states. where is bindass movies, ibn 7, sahara news, india tv, firangi???? and many more..

5) The sound quality lacks bass, its too sharp.

NOW TELL ME IS THIS WHAT DTH IS SUPPOSED TO DELIVER????

Tata sky keeps adding ACTIVE SERVICES,

ACTIVE DARSHAN has poor video quality! Are they playing with us.

it takes 30-120 seconds to access active services. why this lag??

the user interface is so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant we have themes to make is intersting.

pls letme know what you think.

@connectwithme

phew :confused:
Is there anything you are satisfied with?

1) I agree the EPG is not always right... but it works in most of the time, and about the story and the cast... i guess there is a word limit to what they can include in that small space. And please speak for yourself... dont always say US and WE, dont think everybody here go for star cast before watching any movie or program...

2) Remote of all the DTH providers are of the same size almost... and u dont really need the TV remote frequently... The set top box remote is quite enough...

3) "Who wants to watch regional channels of other states"- connectwith me ...
dont kno for sure...... but a wild guess would be that ... its for ppl of other states... and why bother... dont think they are charging us anything extra for having those channels... ... its india after all, the country with more than 26 official languages... cant comment if you want all other regional channels expect the ones u watch to be removed from the service though...

4) Tatasky do inform through on screen msgs ... about new channels being added... though they forget to do so while doing the opposite of adding...

5) I wonder how many ppl here wants to have more Hindi news channels like sahara and india tv(india tv .... isnt it already there)... dont they already have enough of them... but we sure can do with some more music channels like 9xm, b4u music, zee music etc... and UTVi...

Back