HD DVR Clarifications

• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 8,682
There is a option in settings called automatic recording. Is it for that buffer of 2 hours ? You know it records continously to the drive and if we press play button you can go back and forth or switch to live :) So what does that automatic recording does ? Turn off the buffer ?Yup I am enjoying the dvr. Definitely worth it.Series recording for the win. :Boy Yahoo:

I think yes. It shud be for buffer only.

----------

And about utility of DVR facilities, well v have been saying, once u get a DVR, u will find it hard to live without it.

And about utility of DVR facilities, well v have been saying, once u get a DVR, u will find it hard to live without it.

Yes your correct... before even i was thinking what to record... and who will watch those... but now... i am enjoying the recorded contents whenever i want...

But some how D2H became as my family member... always the Tehnician visiting my place to repair it...

Ya I already mention in this / another thread this matter when a member was complaining about language issue with recorded content. I wrote him that set dvr language which u want. I use hindi language as by default language but I mention about recorded content. There no language options available as live tv shows.

----------

There is a option in settings called automatic recording. Is it for that buffer of 2 hours ? You know it records continously to the drive and if we press play button you can go back and forth or switch to live :) So what does that automatic recording does ? Turn off the buffer ?

Yup I am enjoying the dvr. Definitely worth it.Series recording for the win. :Boy Yahoo:

I think its about manual series recording where u record series & it may weekly / week days/ week end/ specific days. I never tried to off that but I think that is for it.

----------

But some how D2H became as my family member... always the Tehnician visiting my place to repair it...

Funny statement bhai

----------

just experience the IPTV experience. you would forget all about DVRs :D

Actually I read that there are less channels compare to DTH & they provide good service to watch recording / program which not need to record actually. Loss point is they just offer very several channels for user with facility of watching last 2 weeks any content from that channel.

I was using IP TV when i was in Bangkok almost 5 years i used IPTV to watch our channels..... there will not be any Buffering... as they have very good technology.... i doubted here... (I am not saying anything wrong about our countries technology, just we need some more time to get these technology.... hope it will take somemore time as still 2G & 3G cases are going on court it may take another couple of years to finish)....

With the kind of speeds we have, we can see IPTV taking larger steps, only after atleast 8-10 years. I hope i m proved wrong, but looking at current state, i dont think i wud b proved wrong.

i am too ,a fan of IPTV. But problem is that when a country is facing FUP,high price and low speed problem in BB then how can we expect IPTV to bring revolution in world of TV. No wonder , company are not promoting IPTV. if there are 20 ads for DTH then there is 1 ad(that too I am not sure) for IPTV.

Back