Help and advice need on New connection

• Thread starter Thread starter jason29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 7,819
From what I have seen if airtel available in your area then stickers and banners can be seen, if not there then airtel not present.

Thank you all for helping friends, as @igloo said no banners and stickers in my street and they confirmed it today via phone call. Bsnl is the only choice and I have to stick with.

Friends, if i gather 2-5 people and ask Airtel for a new connection. Will they be able to set up new DP boxes and give us a connection?

Yes, if you are lucky. They may give you EDP with overhang cable.

Airtel refused connection to my cousin. Airtel field executives told the nearest EDP is too far. Then they proposed that if he's willing to take 2 connections, then they will provide. He agreed. Now he's using Airtel since last 4 years. Though the 2nd connection which belonged to his tenant later surrendered connection. He's now on Airtel as there is no other alternative in his area.

EDP are of three types, Type 1 which directly connects your home, have 8-10 slots. Type - 2 which connects several Type - 1 EDPs. Type - 3 which connects several Type - 2 EDPs. Type - 3 EDP is big Panel like size of an Almirah.

If you have Type - 2 or Type - 3 EDPs not too far away from your house, request Airtel for multiple connections and then they might listen.

But remember that Broadband Speed in your Area might be just 2 Mbps. It won't matter even if you have EDP near your house. Maximum speed depends on variety of factors. Like distance from Airtel server, capacity available for your area and of course the distance of EDP from your home.

Your best bet is ask some person in your locality about the Max Speed they are getting. If you don't have anybody within 100m of Radius without Airtel, then chances of getting Airtel are pretty slim.

Does your place have RJIO OFC cables and/or nearby Wireless towers? RJio will go live within 6 months.

Will find out whether Airtel users are available in our area and no tower in our street..Shit man my new area sucks to the core

try netexpress and OMR connect , they are local service providers with little user base and they are keen to do business both has 1mbps and 2 mbps true unlimited plan

and its better to stay away from airtel after all this trouble

Netexpress doesn't cover our area and omr connect hasn't called me back yet. Cherrinett is going to come to our area.

Back