Help Building a New Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter snakenobi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 5,134
Ok I will give you some suggestions because I don't know if you are trolling.

1. CPU: Core i5 2500
Reason: There is no need to overclock as even 10-15% overclocks of K editions do nothing to increase GPU heavy frame rates in modern games.

3. GPU: AMD HD 6850 or upwards or Nvidia GTX 560 or upwards
Twist in the tale: Do you want to wait for AMD HD 78XX series which is about to enter the market in a month? then wait.

4. PSU: Corsair 700W which comes at around Rs. 5000 and do not compromise on this single most important part.
-from my personal experience.

5. RAM: Any reputed company will do which is compatible
Suggestion: G.Skill RipJaws (Just because the name is cooler)

6. Hard Disk: Any manufacturer SATA II 6Gbps. All are equally good and at the same time equally $hit. If you are billionaire, go for SSD.

7. Speakers: Any

10. PC Cabinet/case: Choose the one which you like really. Ask your mom to choose the color if you cannot make up your mind.

11. Headphones: Skullcandy Skull Crushers :devil:

12. Coolers, LED lights, thermal paste: Not needed unless you like to faff around your system all the time.

1)wouldn't video editing be slow?

6)how much ram,i am getting 8-12gb's but is that enough for video editing?

7)SSD's are pretty small and i need something like 3tb

and i have heard reports of SSD's failing so i may stick to HDD

i may use the Intel SRT technology though

11)
aren't they wired?

i want something wireless

where can i buy these things?

i live in mumbai,i have searched lamigton road,i found the technicle parts but i didn't find a few things like good cases and displays

i would like to see the displays before buying

suggest me some sites that sell in india or specific seller,theyb would be of huge help.

and cases of good design and colour design is just not taken important in the lamigton road shops i visited,they offer ugly cases

you use the SSD for your primary drive where the operating system and applications resides. you use regular HDDs for where your data is stored.

I think for Display, for the kind of use u have mentioned, u shud go for a full-fledged TV only.....a 40 odd incher LED wud be a great deal. U seem to b having a huge pocket, so i guess u shud spend these few bucks extra & get a TV instead of a monitor!

you use the SSD for your primary drive where the operating system and applications resides. you use regular HDDs for where your data is stored.

I install alot of apps like adobe creative suite,full games which take

and for some reason i don't like something that would limit in the future or might have to have 2-3 drives which i really don't like.i like all in one place kind of things

i will upgrade to SSD's when they have atleast 1TB

relying on a single drive for everything is a bad idea. and having a ssd for primary drive and using other drives for storing data is a better idea. a large 1/2/3TB drive for your windows is not going to give the best performance. in any case, i have given my views. rest depends upon you.

relying on a single drive for everything is a bad idea.

and having a ssd for primary drive and using other drives for storing data is a better idea.

a large 1/2/3TB drive for your windows is not going to give the best performance.

in any case, i have given my views. rest depends upon you.

i just a bit stubborn on certain things......hehe

you can help me on cases and places online where i can buy the computer stuff

i know of ebay,flipkart,primeabgb.

1st of all since u want to create a hackintosh that will rule out most of the motherboards. from what i knw gigabyte boards (tested ones) work perfectly. also use a core i5 or higher proc coz u need to enable vt-x in the bios.
here's a list of what works
tonymacx86 Blog
the rest of the stuff others have already mentioned.

I think for Display, for the kind of use u have mentioned, u shud go for a full-fledged TV only.....a 40 odd incher LED wud be a great deal. U seem to b having a huge pocket, so i guess u shud spend these few bucks extra & get a TV instead of a monitor!

that is really big

i am taking it as a monitor,i will be sitting a few feet away from it so that big screen isn't needed

also screen's resolution is stuck at 1080p,thats good for TV and video but for computer when you sit near it,you can see pixels

24inch is the last size where 1080p is good for a monitor,though i am ready to take it to 27inch.not anymore

Back