help me with MTU settings, sites not opening

• Thread starter Thread starter thesaurabh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,139

thesaurabh

ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
i have completely screwed up my MTU settings, n now i want to go back to the default settings.nuthing is opening, not event support.microsoft.com, no google, no yahoo mails, no windows live mail, pls help me guys. things r so bad tht now i need to go to a fcking cyber cafe to check my mails.

@members/thesaurabh/

1.You could open the modem settings and reenter MtU as 1492.Which is the modem you use ?
2. Use open DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.
3. Download DrTCP 0.21 - DR TCP - a internet speed connection optimizer. - Softpedia
DRTCP: How do I use it, & what are all these settings?
to change in your ethernet card.
4. Try this program for Yahoo mail/livemail
eprompter from ePrompter Free eMail Notification Software
5. Last Resort: For ref :Use at your own risk !. Don't blame me ! may be not needed.
XP TCP/IP Repair TCP/IP REPAIR /LSP fix. program.

otherwise just reset your modem by inserting a pin or match stick in the reset hole and configure the modem again..although essbebe's 1st and 2nd suggestion should work..

u guys can lauff on me, but i have just experienced something divine.as u know, i was not being able to open almost any useful not even google, so i was so super pissed on mtnl, n den i got a dll error, out of nowhr, so i decided to run SFC, n after sfc, my pc hanged, n i restarted it, n now everything is working, everything fcuking site is opening, infact my connection is working like it never did

@members/thesaurabh/ congrats. See your thread title and contents.
im using glb-502t, everything was okay few days back
.. See few days could be two or twenty days ! Not specific.
You have not tried my suggestion to use another program ( see 4. post No 2 ). If you have reported failure, ( as this is like a proxy server, and by passes browsers ), someone or myself might have recommended AV/ antispy programs etc only. Usually the solutions work, without OS checking. And all do not have the original OS disk.
It is not possible to suggest some computer checking/tweaking, because poor MTNL and BSNL and their modem/s are to be blamed 99.99999% of the time!! What sketchy information users give in the post, here can only be used for suggestions. .
Any way your solution noted for future post/s.

Back