Help Needed to buy a new ADSL2+ modem Router

ISP
Airtel Broadband 8MBPS 80GB
Need help.

I am using a Airtel provided Binatone ADSL2+ modem and a Netgear WIFI router.Now this modem is pretty **** i presume because i am having alot of network issues including playing online using my PS3.

So i have decided to buy a ADSL2 Wifi combo.

I have heard that Netgear combo modems has an issue re connecting to the internet automatically if connection drops for any reason.TP-Link has poor CC.

Kya karun?Suggest me a good one

@chromaniac You have any idea?

I use a regular modem that connects to a wifi router. Like this route. Combo devices are generally not very good. @x720 should be able to recommend something.

Budget? What is the current Netgear model number? Is it able to cover entire area?

This is the net gear one i am using right now.Its only a WiFi router.It covers most of the area though the signal is only 1 bar in the last room.Earlier there were only 2-3 devices attached to the router now i have almost 7-8 so that can be a issue as well.

Netgear (WGR614-A00INS) 150 Mbps WL Cable/DSL Router-AP,Firewall with SPI & NAT (4Port Switch) - Buy @ Rs.1799/- Online | Snapdeal.com

I can go a bit higher than the 1700-1800 this router cost me if it means more coverage and stable connection.

@dmastermindrahul

Sorry, I seem to have missed this thread!

Considering a w614 provides decent coverage, the TP-Link TD w8968 combo should do a good job!

Do you intend to stream stuff over your local network too? If so, I'll have to look around a bit.

8968 is a good option.If you could look around a bit for something that lets me stream from my HDD via the WD tv i have that would be a big help

Do you want to connect the HDD to the wdtv or to the router?

To add to my earlier post, the w8968 is probably the best you can get in the 1800 range.

But I have no idea how performs with regards to streaming content over the local network.

What would be your max budget?

Do you want to connect the HDD to the wdtv or to the router?

To add to my earlier post, the w8968 is probably the best you can get in the 1800 range.

But I have no idea how performs with regards to streaming content over the local network.

What would be your max budget?
To the router.So that it can be accessed over the LAN.i dont mind paying around 3k or more.

Back