High ping times to broadbandforum.co

• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,789
@tatyasky I should have been clearer in that post - paid IPv4 on Airtel and free static IPv6 on TPBB.

After 1 yr usage of 1gbps plan from Tata Play Fiber, I can say I am around 98% satisfied. Janmashtami is coming soon. They better have 20-30% discount offers soon as my plan is ending on 24th Aug 2022. Jio and Airtel FTTH have entered my society so I got plenty of options. I had some issues with forum connectivity after logging-in to my account. But it clearly was from forum’s end and admin or a mod fixed it for me 2 times.

@tatyasky ah thanks for the tip on the discounts. Let's see if they do what they did last year. The only time I have been dissatisfied with the providers is when I changed plans to 1G. Otherwise no complaints TBH. I think it's best we users moderated our expectations from these ISPs they're not as customer friendly as before.

Last edited:
@Aashish.007 this is my PoV and for my use cases. YMMV of course and others may have absolute justifications for ultra fast connections.

So, I WfH nearly all the time and use P2P apps, Netflix, Amazon and other streaming services on 4K UHD, multiple devices including a laptop, another desktop etc etc. Even then I admit 1G is possibly overkill for my needs. Bragging rights are all it gives me. 300 Megs is fast enough for my purposes and a 2nd 300 meg line is a backup. Corollary - paying 3999 + GST per month (about Rs 4700) to Airtel is a waste of money and more so coz I could get only about 600 or 700 Mbps on an average. TPBB gives discounts but the speed story is the same. I am not going pay a bomb for underperforming connections. I pay less for 2 300 meg connections than for 1 Airtel 1 Gig. And hey with the money saved I even got a measly 30 Meg BSNL connection. Even that totals to less than 4700 month. So, as things stand now I am a happy camper. ;)

Again, this is applicable to my use cases. Others have to make up their minds.

Can you guys tell me about the real use cases of 1g at home? You guys surely use it for wfh right?
I download 100 GB games in 20 mins and it saves time to get in game faster. I also hate to wait staring at download progress counter and prefer to get max speed possible. Last year I got a deal where 1 Gbps plan came under 2500 per month incl GST. So why not? There was also an offer last year where Credit card company pays full amount to TPBB and you pay 0% interest EMI of Rs. 2500 to your card company. This is just in case you want to go that route.

Also E-peen and to flex on forums.

Back