High Pings on Railwire

@Rishikesh Sarangi Internet Usage usually peaks up at the noons at all locations and servers
It is because your ISP doesnt have a strong routing and a good bakbone

This is the graph of the peaks at the 2nd largest Internet Exchange NIXI of India
Here we can see Internet Usage peaks up at around 2`o clock and stays high till 4pm .
1596300576917.png

Source - NIXI website

Now lets take a look at first largest Internet Exchange DE-CIX in India

1596300817086.png

Source- DE-CIX Exchange
If you observe clearly , Internet traffic peaks here(single longer green line) also in the same way as our first graph in between 12-3pm

An ISP has to be prepared for Data surges , which if he hasnt results in packet losses and higher pings
Note:- This is just a single factor affecting ping

@Rishikesh Sarangi Bro can you please tell me how much is it costing you for the 100 Mbps unlimited railwire plan in Rourkela?

Thanks for reply. Are you sure it's unlimited plan and not the 300 GB FUP plan as mentioned on portal? Since my LCO is denying any such plan and I need to ask him and my plan is expiring in 2 days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-104612_Chrome (1).webp
    Screenshot_20200808-104612_Chrome (1).webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for reply. Are you sure it's unlimited plan and not the 300 GB FUP plan as mentioned on portal? Since my LCO is denying any such plan and I need to ask him and my plan is expiring in 2 days.
As I posted earlier, if your isp is providing any one of these plans (in the attachment), then they can provide all of the plans in the image. Thats for sure. I have confirmed this. If they are denying, contact the customer care or your MSP.

So, @Rishikesh Sarangi is probably using 100mbps unlimited at 999 (1180 including GST) and hence you can get all of these plans.

EDIT: Just FYI, according to your location, your MSP is Lightwave Technologies (from Railwire Website), doing a simple google search, i got their number, talk to them.

P.S.: My ISP, although really good in service, was also earlier denying the existence of any FUP plans, I talked to the MSP, who then pointed me to the Sales Head in my area, who then talked to the LCO on conference call, after which I was given the 50 mbps 1500gb FUP plan, that I currently have.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-05 at 5.32.40 PM.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-05 at 5.32.40 PM.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 182
@hihfhyu74
I'm using the arrow marked plan (see photo). The plans mentioned in your attachment are not provided by my LCO. I am calling customer care for past 4-5 days, same msg is heard that all executives are busy. Tried to raise a support ticket but they said plan changes are done by respective LCOs. Though the LCO once mentioned 950 rs plan to me but now he says it still not started for customers. So I am in a deadlock. As mentioned by you, I will try this MSP number.

1596911359854.webp

First of all, I suggest that you confirm if your LCO is providing even one of the mentioned plans in my image. The sales head I mentioned sent me this image, and explained me all the plans. So, the MSP may have the info that you need. You can also try to call the NOC number, they are really good and provide phone numbers of persons who can help.

AFAIK, when I subscribed to Railwire, the LCO told me to select a plan from the ones mentioned on Railwire website. I will once again ask him about these plans. Btw what is NOC?

It stands for Network Operating Center. It is kind-of the backend for your internet, very knowledgeable guys with technical background... You can ask them for help if you are not able to contact the MSP directly. They will surely provide some contact info to point you in the right direction. In my case, to get the Sales Head number, i tried contacting the MSP directly, but their offices were closed due to lockdown. So, I called NOC as a last resort, the guy I talked to gave me some number, who them gave another number, and at last I got the number of the person who solved the issue. So, there was some phone hopping for sure, but overall good experience.

railtelindia.com > go to contact us, there is a toll free number for NOC, or you directly call the NOC of your region, by clicking on get NOC details at the end.

Back