High Speed in 59.x.x.x or 117.x.x.x?

• Thread starter Thread starter baluchen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,143

baluchen

ISP
BSNL
Dear Friends,I'm old broadband user with Home 500 Plan. My IP starts with 59.x.x.xOne of my friend got new connection with same plan. He is getting more than 3mpbs speed and download rate approx 400kpbs. The diff is he has 117 series IP.But usually i get 100Kbps to 200Kbps. Does BSNL provide more speed on new connection? I never crossed 220kbps.ThanksBala

hmm.. you could be right... im an old user too and am not getting any boosts..some users claim they get 8mbps wonder if they are new users or not..

400 KBPS ? That's HUGE. I've got an IP address of 117.x.x.x and my download speed never goes beyond 210 kbps. My friend has an IP address of 59.x.x.x and his speed never goes beyond 150-180 kbps. In which website does your friend get that high speed?

As fer u sayin "If you get same ridiculous speeds ( as on 26th april ) with 117.xx.xx.xx " i didnt quite understand what u meant !!
After changing to IP 117.xx.xx.xx if you get the same situation , of low speeds , what will you do ? What is the surety you will get scorching speeds with Ip 117.xx.xx.xx ?
Check up with any friend having this IP 117.xx.xx.xx allotted.

only very few lucky users get speeds around 3mbps with IP 117.x.x.x I too get average speeds around 220KBps even though i am a new user too.it all depends on the area.however some users claims that old users(IP 59.x.x.x)sometimes get very slow download speeds while downloading from link-removed during night free time.

We have a new UL750 connection here in Dharamshala H.P. and it's on the 117. server. Right now the connection is very slow, much slower than our expected 256Kbps but the sync speed is usually around 4000 Kbps. Other friends who live in the neighbourhood on the same tariff are connected to the older 59. server and they usually sync around 1000 Kbps.Now I've never been sure whether the speed limiting is done by fixing the maximum synchronization connection speed or throttling the bandwidth or maybe they use both methods. The quality of the cabling in this area is really awful so even for people who live next door to each other their experience of disconnections and other problems vary significantly.

^ speed is controlled in BSNL by bandwidth throttling ..they dont use sync rates to control speed.I am also a new 750 UL user..with IP address range of 117.xxx ..my speed hovers around the 240 kbps mark

Hi guys, thanks for sharing your experience. We both checked with BSNL broadband testing site as well as speedtest.net. He also live some distance far from exchange. Initially he was complaining BSNL speed was very low (20kbps) and want to change ISP. Remember there was an server outage in bangalore recently. After rectified that issue he got more speed. Now he is able to watch youtube movies withour buffering. Usually our seek bar will go forward and then buffering. whereas his player buffer goes forward and seek follows :( However we all getting guaranteed and promised bandwidth. That is happy. ThanksBala

Back