Hostgator launches services in India.

• Thread starter Thread starter y2s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 5,605
heh yeah. i decided to see how technical they are. apparently they are not very technical. :)

Phone helpline says you can order in indian rupees from the website :/

*Price reflects 20% off first invoice and excludes Service Tax @ 10.30%. Rupee billing will be available soon.

this is what the website states. so i guess support is not yet up to date. :D

this is what the website states. so i guess support is not yet up to date. :D

I am on call with them and they are placing me on hold and not even covering his mic properly :P
can hear all the team discussion going on :P

heh. well. the company might be international. the support guys are indian.

Can you believe it guy told me to go ahead with the payment with the CC even if the price is in USD and told me that you will be billed in INR. i told him that i will be charged USD and then the amount will be converted to INR for me. but he then insisted on that he is correct. So i said thank you very much for not having the correct info and disconnected the line

your point is valid. but i never understood what is wrong with USD billing :)

There is an always some difference in the conversion and the transaction would come under international transaction because they are billing in USD so they cant claim it as indian transaction.
I tried paypal as payment gateway but there website is not working :P
Acc to customer care we can pay using bank accounts through paypal which i highly doubt :P

mmm. from what i see... you can no longer use your paypal funds to make payments. the money has to be paid from your bank account or credit card linked to the paypal account. this has been my experience.

mmm. from what i see... you can no longer use your paypal funds to make payments. the money has to be paid from your bank account or credit card linked to the paypal account.

this has been my experience.

Yea thats true and that is due to supposedly RBI policies. But what they told me is that i can payment as guest through my bank account.
I have written a nice email to them stating that billing process is so crappy then i do not wish to take your hosting. First impression is the worst one for me :P

Back