How can i share my lan connection via bluetooth?

ISP
Telecom
Hi there,i have a broadband connection in my apartment (just a socket in the wall where i plug in my ethernet cable, not via dsl or router), and i want to share this connection via bluetooth with my flatmate here. this is my current setup:My laptop network settings (LT1):- windows xp pro- connected via LAN, IP and DNS assigned via dhcp:ip: 10.8.0.58subnet: 255.255.255.0gateway: 10.8.0.254DNS: 10.8.0.254My flatmates laptop (LT2):- windows 7 home- not connected :(so my question is, how do i set up my bluetooth connection to share my internet connection? do i have to share my "Local Area Connection" or my "Bluetooth Connection" in windows xp "Network places"? i tried both, but it didnt work. also, what settings do i need for my bluetooth connection on my (connected) laptop and my flatmates laptop? i tried the 192.168 range and in the 10.8 range.im not sure about the ip range here. would i get an IP-conflict on LT1 if i assign another 10.8 ip to my bluetooth connection? would my bluetooth network in the 192.168 range be able to reach 10.8.0.254 (gateway) on LT1?the best i got was LT1 connected to the internet and LT2 connected to LT1 via bluetooth (could ping each other, seen some traffic going through the bluetooth connection on both laptops), but not to the internet. has anyone tried that and know what im missing here...?

Search for Bluetooth PANUr comp will act as a server (with Bluetooth PAN service running on it)So u will have to have to enable Bluetooth network service or somethign like that on ur comp. Also enable internet connection sharing.Pair two computers. After pairing, on ur friends computer, search for services available in ur computer.It shud show PAN service or something like that. Simply connect and that shud do it.P.S: I had done this long back so dont remember exactly. But idea given above is more or less right.

ah i found it. in bluetooth connection properties i have to click the 'advanced' tab, check 'allow network users to connect ...' and then choose my lan-connection. the bluetooth network then uses the 192.168.0 ip address range, so my LT2 has to use 192.168.0.10 as ip and 192.168.0.1 as gateway. internet works fine, but for some reason it always disconnects my bluetooth connection when i try to login from LT2 to LT1 via remote desktop. :/

You can do two things(These are simple options)-Buy a Wireless Router-My AdviseOR-Set up an ad-hoc network and connect the other laptopOOPS- Did not read that you solved the problem- The method above will give faster speeds.

Back