HOW DO I configure the modem that MTNL gave me?

• Thread starter Thread starter tungsten
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,552

tungsten

ISP
MTNL, Sify
I live in New Bombay. A technician came a couple of days ago to install the ADSL2+ modem/router, and he couldn't configure it. Now he's vanished.The modem shows all lights correctly lit up. Connected to the LAN port, nothing came up when I typed 192.168.1.1 in my browser. Spent 30 minutes trying to fix it. Then I tried the USB connection, installed the modem, and the configuration page came up when I typed in 192.168.1.1. I was even able to "connect" -- it said I was connected for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. But surfing was not possible. And after a restart, the modem config page didn't come... and it's not come at all after that.There's a software called RRAP PPPoE dialler on the CD, and I tried that as well. No luck. What do I do?

members/tungsten/Welcome to brandband forum.inAt least you can give the modem model /make etc.. Switch on the modem and press the reset switch for about 20 to 30 seconds.Now access the modem. Select VPI VCI 0 and 35. (* for mtnl 0_32 check )From the menu WAN page select PPP/PPPoe ( not bridged")enter userId and passwordselect idle time 0"always ON" Save and reboot. wait for two or three minutes.For USB modem access IP address is usually 192.168.1.2

Thanks... I managed to get it running, and now I'm wondering how to open ports so that I can download using uTorrent! It says all ports are blocked... and I read somewhere that bridged mode is better. Wondering if that's true...

Go to Advanced menu in your modem and select virtual server or applications. 192.168.1.1/main.html or 192.168.1.1/menu.html or 192.168.1.1/home.html 192.168.1.1/adv/adv_virtual.html or192.168.1.1/adv/advan_appl.htmlPara two: Bridgemode Using Wanminiport dialer Use Antivirus and Firewall programs. All ports are open.

Back